When I grow up............

• January 27, 2012 2:14 PM PST
    I want to be a photograher!

How many out here are also interested in photography? Make it a living?  just a hobbie? Or dabble from time to time?
    • 1516 posts
    January 27, 2012 2:28 PM PST
    Well we have Adventure girl, she is doing the photography thing and has even recently published a book, plus we have Rex the Road Dog, he has some BEAUTIFUL shots that he posts here. There are several others too, I think it is a very wonderful thing to pursue, Good luck with the whole thing and we at Cyclefish, love to see your shots..
  • January 27, 2012 8:53 PM PST
    I have seen some of Rex's photos,,,,cool.
    • 19067 posts
    January 27, 2012 9:48 PM PST
    Thanks Deb and Edge, as I say it "Riding is my life, Photography is my Passion."
    Buffy (Adventure Girl) has the eye of a great photojournalist.
    • 601 posts
    January 27, 2012 9:55 PM PST
    to answer your question....I don't ever want to grow up, 50 next month and behaving like a 20yr old on the bike....as for photography, I'm one of those people who snaps with a disposable camera occasionally...no evidence, no crime !!!
    • 1 posts
    January 27, 2012 11:01 PM PST
    Okay by far not a professional here... But I take a lot of pictures of all my travels... One day when my mind is gone I am going to look back and see all this pictures and think...1 damn I had a great life...2 I must love motorcycles....
  • January 28, 2012 12:10 AM PST
    I'm with you - I absolutely love photography and would rather do that for a living than what I do now. I don't know how good I am at it, but my photos make me happy and I guess that's all I need...
    • 1855 posts
    January 28, 2012 12:23 AM PST
    I don't take enough pics when travelling. I keep telling myself each time that I'm going to take more. Still, I do have some great pics. Years ago before digital I got into doing some studies in Black n' white with the canon SLR I had; back when you had to develop film. I never really got anything accomplished but Black n White photography interests me a great deal. Yeah? And so does just about everything else under the sun I don't make time for. There are a lot of good pics here on this forum. Rex has some nice ones as do some other folks.

Peace

Peace
    • 1780 posts
    January 28, 2012 12:43 AM PST
    I may grow old...But I assure you I won't grow UP!
    • 567 posts
    January 28, 2012 1:14 AM PST
    NightDragon wrote...
    I may grow old...But I assure you I won't grow UP!
    Same here. Ain't no old fuddy duds in this household.
    • 9 posts
    January 28, 2012 9:13 AM PST
    I tried to post earlier, and I wrote for a minute, but then my internet crashed....so I'll be brief.
    I think of myself as an amateur photog. I'm NO Ansel Adams, but I, too, love to photograph the "great outdoors". And I had the equipment to do it, back in the day. A Minolta SLR with a telescoping, a 50, 100, wide angle, panoramic, and night vision all purpose lens'. And there was nothing I enjoyed more (other than ridin'), than going out and taking pictures of this beautiful planet we call home. Something just comes over me, when I look thru a lens, at the world. It's like I'm seeing it, with a whole new set of eyes. And after the pic's are developed...dang.
    I'd call it euphoric, that feelin' I get? But that don't even come close to describing it.

I had to sell all of my equipment, when I lost a really good job. (Had to sell my Harley, too), cause I had a son
    to raise (single-parent) and no money comin' in. Between losin' those two things, and just feelin' down around
    then, in general. To this day, I haven't tried to replace my camera equipment. It's like I'm afraid, it'll happen again. The Harley's another story....

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • January 28, 2012 11:28 AM PST
    Bitchy, I love seeing those ride pics!
  • January 28, 2012 11:29 AM PST
    Tweek,,,,ya only go around once,,,,go for it!!!!
  • January 28, 2012 12:26 PM PST
    Father was a professional photographer... spent alot of nights in darkroom with him... helped setup and run second camera at weddings etc... Studied composition, depth of field, etc Did the SLR thing for years, esp when traveling overseas when younger... Mostly point and shoot now... Basically travel photo's...
  • January 28, 2012 12:35 PM PST

• January 28, 2012 12:37 PM PST
    Daughter took this pic in Southern La. on a family ride-about... was at 65 mph, didnt know she took it till that evening...will always cherish
  • January 28, 2012 12:42 PM PST

• January 28, 2012 12:44 PM PST
    Scan of an old photo I took on the Island of Truk in the early 1980's...
  • January 28, 2012 1:17 PM PST
    Way cool Wooly! I have seen the first pic and always liked it, definitely a fav.

I'm liking the scan. the jet in the lower right gives a good indication of scale.
  • January 28, 2012 1:46 PM PST
    A shutterbug here; use to develop my own photos; total amateur; have neglected it now and then due to business travels but always a camera on hand.
    Hubby got me a Pro Go (Hero2) camera for Christmas ~ YES, YES, YES!!! Love it! Have to get it on my helmet on my next LONG BIKE TRIP!
    Have 2 SLRs now (3rd stolen at a HILTON hotel) and had a travel camera (CoolPix) which was stolen at a race (running) in TN(
    I tend to favor NIKON but Canon is calling my name Planning on taking some more photo classes ........

WOOLY: incredible landscape and biker photo!!!
  • January 28, 2012 1:52 PM PST
    Truk was way cool the area between where pic was taken and the islands in distance was actually a bay made by a huge volcano... the islands is other side of rim. The bay is really calm and was harbor of Japanese fleet during later part of WWII... US came in and was reverse of Pearl Harbor. We sunk many ships in this bay. I was able to dive on several and still have underwater photos... Everything except bodys is still there and is a maritime historic site...
  • January 28, 2012 2:03 PM PST
    Ok, this is pretty cool, I took the first picture in 2007...  then was going thru some slides my dad took in 1948....
  • January 28, 2012 2:09 PM PST
    bikeNrun14 wrote...
    A shutterbug here; use to develop my own photos; total amateur; have neglected it now and then due to business travels but always a camera on hand.
    Hubby got me a Pro Go (Hero2) camera for Christmas ~ YES, YES, YES!!! Love it! Have to get it on my helmet on my next LONG BIKE TRIP!
    Have 2 SLRs now (3rd stolen at a HILTON hotel) and had a travel camera (CoolPix) which was stolen at a race (running) in TN(
    I tend to favor NIKON but Canon is calling my name Planning on taking some more photo classes ........

WOOLY: incredible landscape and biker photo!!!
    Thanks!  Canon is concidered the best as far as digital cameras...  still have some of OM's SLRs, he had a view master camera that actually took pictures that could be mounted on view master reels (remember the old flip viewers?). everything was in 3d!
    • 611 posts
    January 28, 2012 3:10 PM PST
    Nice shots, all of ya!
    EdgeWalker
    • 1161 posts
    January 28, 2012 9:31 PM PST
    I have the tendency to forget to take pictures I get cought up in the molments and sights. But I'm trying to take more and get better at taking more. But I like to take pictures.