When I grow up............

• January 30, 2012 1:00 PM PST
    Canon is what I am currently using. Here the only water falls I have. Watkins Glenn.

• January 30, 2012 1:25 PM PST
    Love photography of all kinds, scenery, animals, people, artistic, and candid! The pics here are great, the 2 @ top are they from Multnomath falls Or? looks familiar!
  • January 30, 2012 1:26 PM PST
    Oh and BTW...I may get old but Ill never grow up!
    • 16870 posts
    January 31, 2012 4:52 AM PST
    My wife got me in the habit of taking before, during and after photos of my projects and paint jobs.
    I guess I should have done this years ago, I'm mad at myself that I hadn't.
    • 19067 posts
    January 31, 2012 5:08 AM PST
    wolfpack wrote...
    I'm with you - I absolutely love photography and would rather do that for a living than what I do now. I don't know how good I am at it, but my photos make me happy and I guess that's all I need...

I too was once in your situation. Kids to raise and my job (computer engineer) paid much better than I could have earned as a beginning Photographer. When the kids grew up and I could afford the initial cut in pay I did it. It was one of the best life decisions I made. Now a retired commercial photographer/photography instructor I just take what ever photographs I like, mostly fine art with a heavy emphasis on B&W. Every image I create is for me, and if others like them that is a bonus.

So you are in a good place wolfpack. Never lose sight of what pleases you.

And Wooly, Truk Island, wow. I landed there once on a med-evac mission out of Guam way back in the early seventies. Wish I could have explored.

There are a lot of great photographs in this forum and in many of the albums members have posted.

• 580 posts
    January 31, 2012 9:28 AM PST
    I take LOTS of pics - mostly on my iphone because it's always on hand - and get much chuntering about it from the family but I simply love being able to look back at what I've done and where I've been on my ride outs and trips and family days or whatever!!!! I'd like to take the time to learn what to do with a decent camera but for I'll just keep snapping o:

Wooly - the pic of you and your daughter is absolutely brilliant (o:
  • January 31, 2012 10:53 AM PST
    Not thinking I will grow up anytime soon.
  • January 31, 2012 10:57 AM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    wolfpack wrote...
    I'm with you - I absolutely love photography and would rather do that for a living than what I do now. I don't know how good I am at it, but my photos make me happy and I guess that's all I need...

I too was once in your situation. Kids to raise and my job (computer engineer) paid much better than I could have earned as a beginning Photographer. When the kids grew up and I could afford the initial cut in pay I did it. It was one of the best life decisions I made. Now a retired commercial photographer/photography instructor I just take what ever photographs I like, mostly fine art with a heavy emphasis on B&W. Every image I create is for me, and if others like them that is a bonus.

So you are in a good place wolfpack. Never lose sight of what pleases you.

And Wooly, Truk Island, wow. I landed there once on a med-evac mission out of Guam way back in the early seventies. Wish I could have explored.

There are a lot of great photographs in this forum and in many of the albums members have posted.

Hey Rex, been to the megalith park myself, got some infrarad photos, will have to post a couple one of these days.

• 2072 posts
    January 31, 2012 10:57 AM PST
    Have said for years...... "I will grow old (No way to stop that) however, I refuse to grow up"..... Gonna keep that "Kid" inside of me forever !!!!!
    • 1780 posts
    January 31, 2012 12:16 PM PST
    Wooly wrote...
    Ok, this is pretty cool, I took the first picture in 2007...  then was going thru some slides my dad took in 1948....

WOW that is a cool picture , and looks like a great place to just chill out
    Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    January 31, 2012 12:18 PM PST
    Edge wrote...
    Canon is what I am currently using. Here the only water falls I have. Watkins Glenn.

That looks like a hell of a skinny diping pond............
    Dragon

• 1780 posts
    January 31, 2012 12:19 PM PST

OH HELL YEA !!!!!!
    • 1780 posts
    January 31, 2012 12:24 PM PST
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    Have said for years...... "I will grow old (No way to stop that) however, I refuse to grow up"..... Gonna keep that "Kid" inside of me forever !!!!!

I'm rolling with my Brother Cruiser on this one.....NEVER growing up.
    A couple of years ago my Son (who is like 33 years old) came out from AZ for a visit. We took him out to eat....well the Old Dragon had way to many drinks that night. so sonny boy drove home. On the way home some moron cut us off ....so what would you think the Old Dragon did.....pulled down me pants and Mooned the Bastard. I throught my Son was going to have a cow. Damn chill out Sonny.
    Moon over Dragon

• 2 posts
    February 3, 2012 10:49 AM PST
    Edge wrote...
    I want to be a photograher!

How many out here are also interested in photography? Make it a living?  just a hobbie? Or dabble from time to time?

Never thought about doing it for a living but used to be interested in it because it combined physics & chemistry. - What’s not to like?

Like to take pictures of the detritus of industry & commerce, not for their artistic valve but because think somebody should remember the enterprise of people who built the mines mills & factories - The first one is from the Seneca Outlet Canal, built in the 1830's with stonework that would make the Romans blush

• February 3, 2012 5:49 PM PST
    EDGE:
    Stunning photo!!
    Not surprised to find that some CF members have other incredible 'talents'that lets the kid in us show through!
  • February 4, 2012 1:50 AM PST
    I enjoy photography. Now with the digital cameras and their versatility the 35 and various lenses seem to stay in the camera bag. However, the really great pics still require apeture, depth of field, etc. knowledge. Whatever you enjoy go for it.
  • February 4, 2012 4:14 AM PST
    I did a lot of B&W, yrs ago...had a Bessler Enlarger, kept the paper in the fridge and always had the stop bath, etc/chemicals out for developing my next roll. Experiemented w/ C-41Color for a while, but was too tricky/involved and not much room for error. However I did some 35mm Kodachrome (developing 'positives'and that was a lot of fun. Even had a Hassleblad (3x4) format - resolution was phenomenal - With the advent of digital 'everything'...I have since gotten away from it all..