lone wolf?

• April 19, 2012 2:42 PM PDT
    Guero? Tumbles rocks it!     Nuthin wrong bein the Lone Wolf,  Whats kinda wrong is thinkin ya are the " ONLY " Lone Wolf, You see there are lots of us Lone Wolfs out there n I'm one of em, Once I realized all the positives there are to being the Lone Wolf I won't have it any other way...

Ice Bear...Ride Proud!

• 1 posts
    April 19, 2012 4:08 PM PDT
    can't wait to see all the lobo's out on the roads...come to think of it i didn't see all that many last time over...time for a culture shock me thinks....flag will be flyin this time....wave to me as I blast by....if I'm stopped stop n say g'day mate...feel like a beer? chances are i will...a cold one or 3....
    • 314 posts
    April 20, 2012 12:38 AM PDT
    Sorry you feel lonely Guero, it’s not a good feeling. But you have everyone on here to talk to and meet up with. With the response that you have received I hope is a good feeling. We are all loners in our own way.
  • April 20, 2012 1:51 AM PDT
    Jonsey Jonsey Jonsey, that's cause we are Americans we love folks that visit us, or from out of state we just arien't kind to our neighbors ..............or most aren't any way that's what I ought to say. have a great one! "T"
    • 9 posts
    April 20, 2012 11:12 AM PDT

See?  That's why I LOVE this place.  I wanted to wait a day or so, before I came back and read "lone wolf?"...cause I knew there'd be this kinda response.  Guero, I'm sure you never offended anyone, by stating, how you felt.  And I must've missed your post about a May ride.  Sorry, that's my bad.  I don't always get to read everything I set out to.  You know how that is, right?  I had a ride I planned before the S**T hit the fan, and I talked about it alot!!!  You'd have to go to my older "blogs" to read about it.  But the response was good, cause I kept puttin' it out there.  I even created a "poll" to see who would be interested.  You can create one, too!  It's awesome tracking the responses, and then you'd know what to expect.  PM me, if you want and I can help you set one up, if you're still planning your May ride.  The sooner, the better.  
    Cyclefish, also has hit & run members, ya know?  They stop in long enough to see what's new, and then duck out again.  So, if you make your ride "appealing", you'll get more response.  If your just lookin' for a few "road dogs", then make that invite clear, also. 
    But, whatever you decide, know that you got plenty of folks out here, that feel ya, and are "like-minded". 
    Alone? (Shakes her head...)  I don't think so, baby. 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 1 posts
    April 20, 2012 12:59 PM PDT
    Guero regardless of what Tweek says...there's no way in hell I'll ever feel ya!...what ever that means anyways...you people have funny sayings....
    • 823 posts
    April 20, 2012 1:17 PM PDT
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    Guero regardless of what Tweek says...there's no way in hell I'll ever feel ya!...what ever that means anyways...you people have funny sayings....

Don't worry Jonesy,  I don't plan on "feeling" you either! lol!!  And what do you mean "You people"  lol.  The strange bird on here lives across the pond.  Not gonna name any names but he is a MAN and drives a JET bike.  Types alot in BIG BLUE CAPS......................

• 823 posts
    April 20, 2012 2:50 PM PDT
    Tweek wrote...

See?  That's why I LOVE this place.  I wanted to wait a day or so, before I came back and read "lone wolf?"...cause I knew there'd be this kinda response.  Guero, I'm sure you never offended anyone, by stating, how you felt.  And I must've missed your post about a May ride.  Sorry, that's my bad.  I don't always get to read everything I set out to.  You know how that is, right?  I had a ride I planned before the S**T hit the fan, and I talked about it alot!!!  You'd have to go to my older "blogs" to read about it.  But the response was good, cause I kept puttin' it out there.  I even created a "poll" to see who would be interested.  You can create one, too!  It's awesome tracking the responses, and then you'd know what to expect.  PM me, if you want and I can help you set one up, if you're still planning your May ride.  The sooner, the better.  
    Cyclefish, also has hit & run members, ya know?  They stop in long enough to see what's new, and then duck out again.  So, if you make your ride "appealing", you'll get more response.  If your just lookin' for a few "road dogs", then make that invite clear, also. 
    But, whatever you decide, know that you got plenty of folks out here, that feel ya, and are "like-minded". 
    Alone? (Shakes her head...)  I don't think so, baby. 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

A poll sounds ok.  I was looking on here for an example.  How did you structure yours?  I found the poll app on here, just not sure how to go about putting it together.  I going to Ruidoso NM on the 17th of May.  That is the first day of aspencash rally.  I am just going to go check it out, thought about the poker run but you gotta be present on the weekend to win so I don't know.  Anyway weekend with (cager) hunting buddy. May 22nd I start my trip from around Tombstone AZ up through Alpine to Snowflake I want to go see the "girl in the flatbed ford" in Winslow then over to Gallup, NM.  From there I plan on up on old 666  around through Durango Co to Pagosa Springs then Down to Red River on Friday eve.  I am registered for the make-a-wish run on Saturday.  Then whatever happens after.  Gonna go through Madrid where they filmed "Wild Hogs" on my way home.  Been there before but it has been awhile.

• 1 posts
    April 20, 2012 3:03 PM PDT
    madrid is a real place...fancy that...you're not  talking about  that pom are ya....and you people relates to americans...and some of the things yáll say.
  • April 20, 2012 3:33 PM PDT
    Guero - head on up to Guymon, OK the second weekend of May - the 10th annual 5-State run is on May 12. A little over 350 miles NE of ya'll in Artesia. 5 states, 300 miles, one day. About a thousand bikes. I'll be one of the guys serving coffee and donuts in the morning. Can't make the ride - but I'll be around in the evening for supper. Never miss a meal.
    • 823 posts
    April 20, 2012 3:42 PM PDT
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    madrid is a real place...fancy that...you're not  talking about  that pom are ya....and you people relates to americans...and some of the things yáll say.

At least he's not a sheep shagging kiwi!! lol

• 823 posts
    April 20, 2012 3:46 PM PDT
    Olenorthpole wrote...
    Guero - head on up to Guymon, OK the second weekend of May - the 10th annual 5-State run is on May 12. A little over 350 miles NE of ya'll in Artesia. 5 states, 300 miles, one day. About a thousand bikes. I'll be one of the guys serving coffee and donuts in the morning. Can't make the ride - but I'll be around in the evening for supper. Never miss a meal.

I'll see if I can make it.  Got quite a bit on my plate already for May.  Sounds fun.........

• April 22, 2012 8:51 AM PDT
    it also helps if when ya post and looking for something specific or relating to something specific ya gotta say want ya mean cause I have no ideas about any rides that you have posted man didn't see one thing about it and I'm guess that no one else did either............jonsey really do ya think he wants you to feel him? If ya both want to feel each other I..........lalalala "T"
    • 823 posts
    April 22, 2012 10:17 AM PDT
    First off.... Pretty sure Jonesy and I won't be feeling of each other! lol! About my trip. I think I will put a poll up just to see who might be interested in meeting up along the way. Something like:

Do you live close enough to my route.
    Would you be interested in meeting (camp or over a beer and a burger)
    Would you be interested in riding along for a ways.
    Do you have any info or tips for the route I will be traveling.

I don't know, you think something like that would be good? Any suggestions. It is only a month away!
    • 9 posts
    April 22, 2012 10:26 AM PDT

Wow, this is gettin' weird.  I didn't think using this particular vernacular, was gonna start a touchy-feely thing.  roflmao  Ya'll MUST have cabin fever.  Cause if you can make THAT a thread, you got waaaay to much time on yer hands. 

I'd say it's high time everyone got the heck outta the house, and went for a ride...

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 823 posts
    April 22, 2012 10:47 AM PDT
    I would be riding but I have my little girl this weekend, she is napping right now. But I thought that this was a Biker site for bikers to find riding buddies, share stories etc. Social network for people who ride, I thought that was what the site was for, am I wrong? If I wanted to always ride alone and never socialize then I wouldn't be on here.
  • April 22, 2012 2:33 PM PDT
    I'm a member of two different riding clubs, but still do most of my riding time solo. I hope we meet on the highway sometime and enjoy a ride and some talk and laughs. With us, bikers, you always fit in. Sometimes we interpret our surroundings and put to much pressure on ourselves. Plus, any post that starts a discussion, and those that take on various limbs and directions, are a compliment to the person who started the discussion. It means you tapped into what others are feeling and interested in.
  • April 22, 2012 2:58 PM PDT
    Don 't know how close to Pecos you are located,but have often thought riding north out of Pecos would be great.Took a van full of teenagers up there years ago (life before bikes) to camp for a week.....yeah, I earned all these grey hairs.Last trip was in August, and it was cold at night? Any biker friendly cabin rentals you know of around Pecos? Trying to plan a get the heck out of Texas heat end of summer vacation and enjoy some different scenery for a change.
    • 823 posts
    April 22, 2012 3:35 PM PDT
    I am assuming you mean Pecos NM and not TX, lol. Unfortunately I am closer to the Texas one. I am in the Southeast corner of NM. The desert part, much like west texas. I know lots of good riding around here closer, like Cloudcroft and Ruidoso. Been through all of northern NM too but I am not familiar with cabins at Pecos, NM. What part of Texas are you in? I am about 160 miles Northwest of Odessa, TX and 120 miles north of Pecos, TX.
  • April 23, 2012 12:41 PM PDT
    Well heck, looks like 600 miles for some great scenery.....just gotto suck it up to get through miles of boring roads to get out of this state......Doesn 't Ruidoso have a huge rally in the fall?
    • 823 posts
    April 23, 2012 2:46 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    April 25, 2012 7:42 PM PDT
    speakin of riding alone.,...I wonder how far i can get on a tank..with this new bike...better be more than 200 miles....
    • 611 posts
    April 25, 2012 8:43 PM PDT
    Hey Jonesy, the only way to see how far, drain the tank using the 'On' position. Then add exactly 1 gallon. Have someone follow with extra gas. Punch the odometer, head out and run'er dry! Then flip the petcock to Reserve. Then, notice the miles and keep on going till it starts cutting out. Your friend has gas fore bike and you now exactly how far per gallon. . . And, ya know how far the Reserve will take ya.
    Cool, huh? Its not mine, somebody told me. Enjoy! It's like a science experiment!
    Edge "MisterWizard" Walker
    • 9 posts
    April 26, 2012 12:47 AM PDT
    I agree, however, you may want to do it more than once, cause depending on WHERE you got the gas, it can sometimes make a difference in the mileage. I had to find that out the hard way...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 823 posts
    April 26, 2012 3:25 AM PDT
    I can go about 200 miles on my new bike. Thinking about carrying an extra gallon or half gallon somehow. Gonna be loaded with luggage so not quite sure yet...... Anyone carry extra fuel?