A Dragon on a crotch Rocket..........HELP!!!!!!!!!

• 1780 posts
    October 28, 2011 2:21 AM PDT
    OK all you crotch rocket fans just so I can talk crotch rocket smak with ya some day I got talked into a little spin around the FireBird track in Phoenix.

My son use to race professionally at Fire Bird in Phoenix (where he lives) and I use to go out some times and watch him race. So one day he say's to me ....hey Dad want to see what it feels like to race one of these. Of course I said sure (not wanting him to think I'm a woosh). Just so happens there is a Professional racer that gives 2 up rides around the track, at race speeds. The picture you see is us just coming out of a sharp turn for a long straight away. Notice the front wheel coming off the ground, we are approching 135 MPH at this point. I'm thinking holly shit I'm setting to far back on the damn seat, so now I'm probably making the driver smile, because I'm now tucked in tighter than a pair of jeans on a Hooker. Now we go from 135 MPH to about 85 MPH (to make the next turn) in about 20 feet. Now let me tell you when you make one of those turns I looked down (not sure why, I was already scared out of my wits) and my freaking knee is damn  close to draging the track. You get 3 laps on the track, and it seemed like 30 to me.
    So all you crotch riders out there the Dragon takes his hat off to ya, but I think I like the slow ride better.

Scared to death Dragon

• 19067 posts
    October 28, 2011 2:28 AM PDT
    No Doubt it is an adrenaline pumper for sure.
  • October 28, 2011 2:35 AM PDT
    Very cool. Too bad he didnt let you ride the thing !!
  • October 28, 2011 2:59 AM PDT
    Damn Dragon, I have a hard time riding on the back of any bike... but that, no way!
    • 395 posts
    October 28, 2011 3:02 AM PDT
    hats off to you for trying something new..looks like fun.
    • 846 posts
    October 28, 2011 5:35 AM PDT
    Extra points for trying and my hats off to you. The last time i try just to sit on one I nearly needed help getting off and my buddy was laughing is a$$ off.
    • 9 posts
    October 28, 2011 5:42 AM PDT
    That's the way my ole man rides....and he wonders why I won't "do" the back....

Ride Free...(and with dry pants...)
    Tweek
    • 3006 posts
    October 28, 2011 5:50 AM PDT
    Kool post & pic !!! One year I scored some pit passes to Laguna Seca,got up close n personal w/some of those bikes,and my hats off to you for taking the challenge!! I recall seeing them catch wheelies n air at 160+ thru the start /finish line all during the races,talk about adrenaline pumping racing!!!
  • October 28, 2011 7:08 AM PDT
    that is a cool pic i would try it but me screaming and crying would be heard over the sound of the bike
  • October 28, 2011 12:18 PM PDT
    WOW I would have been punching out "O" rings at every turn.
    • 5420 posts
    October 29, 2011 3:31 AM PDT
    Man that would scare the crap out of me - and I used to race! Just being on the back of the bike at those speeds with no control over anything... wow. But I'm sure the thrill kind of over rode the fear!
    • 1780 posts
    October 29, 2011 3:37 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Man that would scare the crap out of me - and I used to race! Just being on the back of the bike at those speeds with no control over anything... wow. But I'm sure the thrill kind of over rode the fear!

OH yea it was quite a thrill......when the guy finally pulled in after the 3rd lap, he said you can get off now..........I can't, I think part of your rear seat is stuck up my butt.
    • 611 posts
    November 4, 2011 5:36 PM PDT
    HOLY SHITE DRAGON! That definitely took some huevos mas grande! Oh man, I got a rush from just reading your comments on the ride. How many times in your life (other than when you were a kid) have you ridden behind a guy on a bike? Just curious....