I found the place we've all been looking for..........

• August 30, 2011 9:47 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    This is the place I would like to be.........

Very nice

• 1161 posts
    August 30, 2011 2:13 PM PDT
    Hay N.D. I like your pic. Some day hopefully.
  • December 23, 2011 4:10 AM PST

I’m lucky in a way because I have already found my Nirvana here in Ecuador. We are living a life we always dreamed of. My only regret is that we didn’t do it twenty years ago. I welcome any and all questions from interested people, about our new home and family's lifestyle.

• 658 posts
    December 23, 2011 5:57 AM PST
    My hat is off to ya Primal, I found mine last week when I went to help my parent's unpack after their move. I now understand why Blackbeard made his home base there. This is the view from their front porch.
  • December 23, 2011 6:08 AM PST
    Bikermedic, where is this place of yourse?
    • 658 posts
    December 23, 2011 6:53 AM PST
    A little town called Belhaven. It's on the Intercoastal waterway in North Carolina. At 87 and 85 years young they sold their house and moved there. The pic is of the harbor across the street. Talk about Free Spirits, that would be them, I'm lucky to still have them even though Mom's health is not to good, she told dad "Let's do this" and they did!
  • December 23, 2011 7:54 AM PST
    I have been through Greensburogh NC. when I was young. I will always remember the smell of the Honeysuckle for miles on both sides of the road leading into town. I really liked NC.
    • 658 posts
    December 23, 2011 8:08 AM PST
    That's right, Brother!! It makes Spring Time even sweeter!
  • December 23, 2011 10:01 AM PST
    I think I'll have Dos Equis ~
  • December 23, 2011 10:20 AM PST
    Buddydog56 wrote...

Make that two bro!
    • 34 posts
    December 23, 2011 11:58 AM PST
    Lola is the place!!
    • 19067 posts
    December 24, 2011 12:04 AM PST
    Not sure what image started this but adding my Nirvana...

• 1780 posts
    December 24, 2011 12:10 AM PST
    Buddydog56 wrote...

Make that two bro!

Hell just set up the bar for everyone!!!!!!!
    Dragon

• 1855 posts
    December 24, 2011 12:16 AM PST
    I think about that so-called biker heaven from time to time but then I realize that no matter where I am I'm going to be hitting the road more often than staying home. So, I think working hard to get where I am right now is just as good as anyplace. But damn!!! Ya'll got some nice places I'd want to ride to.

Peace
    • 395 posts
    December 24, 2011 4:52 AM PST
    fishtime wrote...
    Lola is the place!!

Thanks for the vote!!!..........

• December 26, 2011 5:46 AM PST
     . . ...One of the places. ...Chili n I like to kick back. .....Copper Harbor..a tiny old copper mine town, at the very tip of the Upper Peninsula....
    ....if you wanna go any futher North. ...you,ll be swimming to Canada.

...Chili and I led a couple rides up there when we were active in a Valkyrie Club we belong to. She planned the first ride, and found this tiny 
    motel right on the shores of Lake Superior....the largest of the Great Lakes....the lake that swallowed up the Iron Ore ship ..Edmund Fitzgerald...whole.

Its an old mom n pop motel....been around since probably the 60,s. Our sliding glass back door opened up to our own private dock about 20 feet away on the waters edge. We,d sit out there in the morning....feeding the geese n ducks while nursing our first cup of coffee...before riding out to a home made breakfast of buttermilk blueberry pancakes...made with local wild Michigan blueberries....smoked bacon and eggs ..and real mayple syrup.

...The riding in the area all along the coast line is magnificent...lots of fine twisties that snake through the woods for miles and miles. And if ya go...ya just hafta stop at the tiny Bakery owned by local Monks. Every thing they offer is awesome...and huge...cinnamon buns as big as your head. And fresh white fish caught that day right off the coast for dinner.

...Got up one morning ....mug of hot steamin coffee in hand and wandered out back to breathe some fresh cool lake air and try and shake off the Captain Morgan from the night before......sun was just commin up....and there sat my Chili gurl...camera in hand....getting shots of it as it greeted the beginning of a new day.. .

. . .. .. ........ 

• 658 posts
    December 26, 2011 11:34 PM PST
    That's a beautiful morning of peace, Brother!

Medic
    • 19067 posts
    December 27, 2011 12:40 AM PST
    Great Timbrwolf!
    • 611 posts
    January 23, 2012 4:20 PM PST
    Well Lola... You had no idea what you would start, did'ja? Well, it was a great read, a new way o lookin at the world... Thanx friend. What never came up on screen, bumped all these folks synapses and they did'ja good!
    Edge Walker
  • January 24, 2012 2:29 AM PST
    Hey T-Wolf..... stayed at the same motel in Copper Harbor a few years back...

• 395 posts
    January 24, 2012 2:56 AM PST
    Edgewalker54 wrote...
    Well Lola... You had no idea what you would start, did'ja? Well, it was a great read, a new way o lookin at the world... Thanx friend. What never came up on screen, bumped all these folks synapses and they did'ja good!
    Edge Walker

yea borther..i'm enjoying all the comments and pictures...little sad though...ain't nobody invited me to these cool places....i would even bring the beer...........

• 1516 posts
    January 24, 2012 3:08 AM PST
    Hey Lola, meet ya at Sturgis.. ahhahahah bring the beer!!
    • 395 posts
    January 24, 2012 3:46 AM PST
    you got it pretty lady..what you drinking....may even sneak in a little southern comfort for ya........
    • 9 posts
    January 24, 2012 4:02 AM PST
    Yeah, I feel ya....I don't remember gettin' that invitation neither...LOL. Although I have been invited to Austrailia, and Equador... I loves me some HOT weather. And I'm a mean cook. Please, don't call me "Chuck", tho. I won't be drivin' no chuck wagon. But will someone bring the Excedrin? Cause with beer and Southern Comfort, I see a headache or two, in the future. Ahhh, but the nights...you betcha!

Ride Free
    Tweek