Where are we going with this country

• 9 posts
    August 14, 2011 6:06 AM PDT
    The stbobber "explanation" was also the easiest to understand! Great way of putting things into a perspective we can all wrap our "puny biker minds" around. Call me what ya will, but when the sh..t hit's the fan? Me? I'm gonna be locked and loaded. Course, that's assuming any of us are still around after 12/12/12!!! (Do you know that alot of folks are doing the half of 12 is 6 routine with this, too? 6/6/6 WOW! For real? Sheesh...
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 3006 posts
    August 15, 2011 2:52 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    One of my all time favorite movie scenes, from 'Network',  fits this situation. Peter Finch earned every nickle he was paid in this scene alone.

Great clip !!! we need more mad as hell people in Washington !!! 
    I can dream cant I??

• 601 posts
    August 16, 2011 8:21 AM PDT
    The whole world is shagged up Dragon...it is physically...mentally and financially fcked, all we can do is play the game and hope to win. Political corectness is gone mad and the "welfare cheque seems to rule". I don't really want to comment on America as I am not American, but i think Americans need to start by calling themselves " AMERICAN ", not Irish/American...German/American, for feck sake even your president calls himself Afro/American!!!
    To my mind you are one or the other.... If not American, then feck off back to Ireland/Germany/Italy or wherever you like to think you are from.
    YES..be proud of your ancestoral heritage but you must be fully committed to the land of your birth.
    You would never get away in Ireland calling yourself...Italian/Irish
    A lot of my family are in the U.S...but while proud of their Irish heritage, they are prouder to call themselves Americans..
    Look at the Australians...they all come from some part of Europe in the last 300 yrs (the majority were Irish rebels and criminals !)...but they are Australians thru and thru..
    Hope I don't offend anyone here , but thats my view.
    • 19067 posts
    August 16, 2011 10:26 AM PDT
    Neil I have to say

YES! to that.

I too am sick of the hyphenated lineage terms. I have many ethnic bloods flowing through me but I have never referred to myself as anything but American.

And to think, it took an Irishman to say this first. Kudos Neil!  (my Irish blood is my favorite)
    • 0 posts
    August 17, 2011 9:17 AM PDT
    rory old mate you got it spot on there...What many of you dont know is I'm first generation Australian..My old man and his family came to Australia after the arabs took over Egypt and anyone who was a British subject had to leave or be killed their family home was bombed and their steel foundry was destroyed..My old mans family came here and made a fresh start..My grandma was a fiery little Sicilian sheila and my grand dad was a bloody big redheaded Maltese bloke..My Mums family were another mish mASH...They came out here from Ireland..My papa was a big Scottish fella and my nana was a petite Irish sheila with big boobs...Anyways I was a result of them all getting together in this country I bloody love..Yup you guessed it at the end of the day IM A BLOODY BIG DRUNKEN AUSSIE! At the end of the day thats all I am....Irish,Scottish,Maltese,Italian Australia takes too bloody long to say....CHEERS BOOF
    • 9 posts
    August 17, 2011 9:52 AM PDT
    Rory, so clearly right. I've got Irish, and a little Cherokee Indian. So I'm a drunk who can't hold my liquor! (true statement by the way) but I keep tryin'..lmao! I never liked hyphenating anything. I'm American, period. This whole hyphenated phenomenon seriously took off after 9/11. When trying to calm riot-is reaction to Muslim residents.
    They started saying Muslim American this and that, assimilating people who already lived and worked here. It was shortly thereafter that the craze took on every other integrated heritage. Ridiculous!
    Accept for the Natives, every single one of us immigrated from other countries. And we didn't step off the boats, screaming that we had to be called anything but AMERICANS.
    Proud of heritage's, yes. Prouder to be Americans, damn straight!!!
    Ride Free
    Tweek
  • August 18, 2011 2:39 AM PDT
    It is so nice to find folks that think the same way I do.The time has come to send them politicians a message and vote every stinking one of them out of office. Its also time to stop selling the U.S.A to foriegners. When is the last time you went into a convience store or motel that was not run by a foriegner. I'm gonna go for a nice ride to calm down.
    • 601 posts
    August 18, 2011 8:36 AM PDT
    Vulture...you have the economics covered, I posted here before that I travel a lot in the U.S and it takes a lot of hard work to find something that is "made in America", I know these little trinkets you buy on a road trip are only small change...but if I buy a Route 66 fridge magnet or a bike week t-shirt, I want to see it made locally....not in fecken china...I don't think they have a R66 or bike week,,, I will always pay an extra few bucks for a "locally handcrafted" souvenir
    • 30 posts
    August 18, 2011 11:47 AM PDT
    The recession has hit everybody really hard.
    My neighbor got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
    Wives are having sex with their husbands because they can't afford batteries.
    CEO's are playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.
    A stripper was killed when her audience showered her with rolls of pennies.
    I saw a Mormon with only one wife.
    If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you have to call them and ask if they meant you or them.

Anyone for some TEA?
    • 1780 posts
    August 19, 2011 7:57 AM PDT
    My son sent me a picture of a sign by a road somewhere......25 years ago we had Ronald Regan, Johnny Cash, and Bob Hope.......now we have Obama, No Cash, and No Hope!!!