Chasing the Wild GOOSE

• 9 posts
    August 5, 2011 12:09 AM PDT

So, last nite I attended the first in what I hope to many a night with the motorcycle club of "BIKERS FOR CHRIST"!  This is somethin' I've been thinkin' about for a while, and when the sudden opportunity came up, I jumped on it.  I am also reading a book called the Wild Goose Chase, by Mark Batterson. Briefly, it's about stepping outside of your comfort zone, to do more than just "talk the talk" of walking with the Lord.  

Anyways, the meeting was awesome, met and made some fast new friends, thoroughly enjoyed myself.  But, it was when I walked outside to smoke a cigarette, and was standing there, I had a revelation.  You know how ya pray for God to tell ya if yer on the right path and such?  Well, I'd been thinkin' alot about preachin' and teachin', off the back of the Harley for a while, and doing some works and such, but still praying for discernment,ya know?  Well, I'm standing there on the Denny's sidewalk, directly across from the local Harley-Davidson dealership.  Lookin' up at the sign, when....all of a sudden, a flock of wild geese (in formation, of course) flew right over the Harley-Davidson sign!!!                               
    I smiled the biggest smile I've had in a while, and said....THANK YOU LORD!

Ride Free

Tweek

• 1516 posts
    August 5, 2011 3:26 AM PDT
    I believe you have had a sign!!
  • August 5, 2011 3:54 AM PDT
    Study hard and lead by example. Don't get so heavenly minded you become no earthly good.
    • 3006 posts
    August 5, 2011 4:15 AM PDT
    The ancient romans loved to read the "signs" yet the bible clearly states not to believe in such things,its just coincidence or am I wrong on this?
    • 1780 posts
    August 6, 2011 12:42 AM PDT
    It may have been a sign or may have been just a coincidence like blurplebuzz said, but in your mind it ment something, and that's all it takes. I believe all things in our life happen for a reason. Follow your dreams, and never look back.
    • 9 posts
    August 6, 2011 5:36 AM PDT

nightdragon wrote...

It may have been a sign or may have been just a coincidence like blurplebuzz said, but in your mind it ment something, and that's all it takes. I believe all things in our life happen for a reason. Follow your dreams, and never look back.

Thanks Dragon! 
    It DID mean something to me!  This decision has been one I've bandied about for a few years.  I feel a "calling" if you will.  Although, I'll never understand why the Lord wants to use me, as I am a pretty far distance, from being like His son.  I do try, however,  and my life has so dramatically changed from what it once was!  And none of that change would have been possible, without HIM.  So, to me, it was a sign. 
    A sign that I'm on the right path.  And that path includes a Harley in it!!!  Rock On!

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 1780 posts
    August 6, 2011 9:42 AM PDT
    I tell ya what Tweek some time back I felt a presence in my life that was talking to me, but not like we talk to each other. This was before you came into the CF family I believe, and I took it as a sign as well. Someone was communicating to me that I was to become a Guardian Angel on earth. I don't tell to many people about this because they just roll there eyes, sometimes right in front of me....hey that's cool. The feeling was so strong I tattooed Guardian Angel on my arm, and before that I came up with the idea of Bikers helping other more helpless people no matter how. I even came up with a patch "Bikers for a Safer Society".
    So you believe in your cause and you give it your all, and never look back. This CF family will support you no matter what!
    The Dragon
    • 16870 posts
    August 6, 2011 6:47 PM PDT
    After a major event in my life I started recalling things that had happened that I had brushed off as coincidences when they happened over the years.
    I no longer believe in coincidences, I now believe everything happens because something caused it to happen.
    I'm not saying everything that happens is a sign, omen, what have you, but stuff happens because something or someone caused it.
    • 9 posts
    August 7, 2011 1:25 AM PDT
    Dragon and RevBigJohn,
    Thank you both for the kind words of support and encouragement! We all know what persecution looks like, and we were told to expect it. I can take it. I have a sheild and a sword, feel me? Thanks guys. YOU ROCK!
    Ride Free
    Tweek P.S. This discussion is still open, ya'll! Your feedback IS APPRECIATED!
    • 3006 posts
    August 7, 2011 3:51 PM PDT
    Tweek
    I hope my question was not considered persecution? far from it,as I also have had my own share of experiences & "signs" tho I always take them with a grain of salt,as I have studied the bible/history intently for years & it never cease's to confound me on many levels when its comes to interperting different signal events in my own life, ..I am very happy for you if it leads you to a closer relationship with our creator. In my own experience I attribute more meaning to my dreams than to any sign,as the bible is full of dreams n dreamers who often received his messages in this manner.
    My pet peeve is that often I find too much superstition prevalent among christians,dont walk under a ladder,blackcat crossed my path etc etc...these I completely disregard and may the lord forgive for those times when I did before I understood his words on this subject. Forgive me if I stirred the pot a bit on this friends, I merely question things only in the attempt to reach a greater understandin of whats the truth in the bigger picture..
    stay safe n enjoy the ride all !!!
    ps Tweek here is hoping your riding before the end of this month !!! God Bless !
    • 16870 posts
    August 9, 2011 4:13 AM PDT
    HANDY LITTLE CHART - GOD HAS A POSITIVE ANSWER:

You say: 'It's impossible' God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)
    You say: 'I'm too tired' God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)
    You say: 'Nobody really loves me' God says: I love you (John 3:1 6 & John 3:34 )
    You say: 'I can't go on' God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)
    You say: 'I can't figure things out' God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5- 6)
    You say: 'I can't do it' God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)
    You say: 'I'm not able' God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)
    You say: 'It's not worth it' God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28 )
    You say: 'I can't forgive myself' God says: I Forgive you (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)
    You say: 'I can't manage' God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)
    You say: 'I'm afraid' God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)
    You say: 'I'm always worried and frustrated' God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)
    You say: 'I'm not smart enough' God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)
    You say: 'I feel all alone' God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)
  • August 9, 2011 6:20 AM PDT
    Congrats tweek that is awsome God puts u where he needs u and never doubt your ready u have life experiences that will be able to spread his word in places unable by others
    • 9 posts
    August 9, 2011 7:38 AM PDT
    Rock on! RevBigJohn!!! I didn't want to mess with it, that's why I'm commenting down here...so awesome, the words everyone should at least take a gander at. Just sayin'....
    Ride Free
    Tweek