" O C C "

• June 6, 2011 1:05 PM PDT
    Oh Boy Senior vs Jr.  Build Off at OCC.  ( man I have got to get a life )
    • 1161 posts
    June 6, 2011 1:07 PM PDT
    Lol I'm with ya but I still think occ is over rated but I would not turn down a bike from them. HAHA
    • 16870 posts
    June 6, 2011 1:58 PM PDT
    We refer to the Teutuls around here as the Orange County Osbornes. ;-)
  • June 6, 2011 2:11 PM PDT
    Got that right Rev. The bikes are cool but way out of the common man's reach. I just got tired of the same bull s--t every week .
    • 0 posts
    June 6, 2011 2:22 PM PDT
    A knob up the road from here in Maroochydore is the Australian distributer for these friggin over rated shit boxes..Went and ha a look when we were up there and the build quality is questionable to say the least..60 grand for a production "custom" is a mile off the mark..CHEERS BOOF
    • 16870 posts
    June 6, 2011 2:25 PM PDT
    webby wrote...
    Got that right Rev. The bikes are cool but way out of the common man's reach. I just got tired of the same bull s--t every week .

They lost me with the drama, and the parts off the shelf bike building.
    I see their network is bringing other folks from other shows to guest star on American Chopper, that says to me the ratings are low.

• 2 posts
    June 8, 2011 1:21 AM PDT
    About the dumbest damn thing on the tube

Bunch'a whiney, bitchy, guys spending bazillions, working in an unsafe manner, using stuff out of boxes to come up w/ something that does not do ANYTHING better than a stock MC.

A few years ago watched quite a few of those "Biker Buildoff" shows & saw precisely two interesting rides
    - One where the rear wheel had no spokes, disc, no nuthin - & - no conventional axle
    - One where a chick used a pre WWII, Italian made springer front end

The rest were really boring
    • 567 posts
    June 8, 2011 1:31 AM PDT
    When I was laid off, I watched a few of the shows simply because everything else on daytime TV was even worse. I couldn't believe how over hyped these drama queens were. And, the real killer is that most of the shows on Direct TV are from years ago. They are re-running the same hash over and over. Ugh.
    • 6 posts
    June 8, 2011 11:12 AM PDT
    I wanna see them take one of those things on a trip.... idk, do a NY to LA or something, or ride it to Sturgis.... I bet it won't make the trip in one peice.
    • 6 posts
    June 8, 2011 11:15 AM PDT
    "The Horse" magazine did a feature a year or two ago, "around the world on a panhead chopper;" The guy did it, too, but it was more old school simple bike, flat black paint, with a LIGHT rake and forward controls, leather bags and tool pouch, tall sissy bar that he strapped this HUGE military duffel bag to; pretty cool bike, AWESOME ride. Made me jealous just to read the updates every month.

These show bikes would never get it.
    • 0 posts
    June 8, 2011 11:54 AM PDT
    Hawk6351 wrote...
    "The Horse" magazine did a feature a year or two ago, "around the world on a panhead chopper;" The guy did it, too, but it was more old school simple bike, flat black paint, with a LIGHT rake and forward controls, leather bags and tool pouch, tall sissy bar that he strapped this HUGE military duffel bag to; pretty cool bike, AWESOME ride. Made me jealous just to read the updates every month.

These show bikes would never get it.

I saw that Hawk.I'd love to do that on my ironhead one of these days..CHEERS BOOF

• 3006 posts
    June 8, 2011 12:00 PM PDT
    I would rather watch OCC than SOA I feel like cringing when I see those posers on SOA,besides OCC has a lot of idea's for doin your own custom work,the family-drama is humorous & lends the show some tension.Yet I feel like it has run its course.
    I would like to see reality tv show about a group of riders doing the lower 48...? that would definitely get my attention.
    • 0 posts
    June 8, 2011 12:12 PM PDT
    A group of riders with a whacky crazy Aussie riding the lower 48 would be bloody cool ..Get the discovery people on the line..CHEERS BOOF
  • June 8, 2011 5:21 PM PDT
    I would rather see those two idiots on a new show called old fashioned dueling pistols at ten paces. I feel sorry for Vinnie and Rick because they actually have some talent and have to listen to these two clowns everyday.
    • 130 posts
    June 8, 2011 5:33 PM PDT
    I'd rather watch two dogs humping or fighting. I unplugged my TV's cable about ten years ago.
    None of them can touch Jesse Rook.
    • 846 posts
    June 9, 2011 2:21 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    A group of riders with a whacky crazy Aussie riding the lower 48 would be bloody cool ..Get the discovery people on the line..CHEERS BOOF

Count me in on that one. We could also hit all the rally's and manufactures of bikes and components. That would make some interesting TV.

• 910 posts
    June 9, 2011 3:10 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...

Oh you KNOW I would want in on that action!
    • 3006 posts
    June 9, 2011 4:35 AM PDT
    LOL Boof has a real fan base going on!!! Should we get a pilotshow set up or what??
    • 0 posts
    June 9, 2011 10:07 AM PDT
    Well y'all have your mob talk to my mob and guess we'll do a liquid lunch and sign a deal..Gotta be some big wig TV blokes or something on Cyclefish..I know Lucky is pretty bloody tight with Leno so maybe we can get a rippa deal struck up.The best bit is I aint interested in no big Hollywood pay packet.I'll do it for digs and beer.Oh wait a second Maybe its just cheaper to pay me.I have been known to inhale some beer in my time...CHEERS BOOF
  • June 9, 2011 10:24 AM PDT
    We will call it BOOF and the Lower 48's " Life on the Road" We get one rider from each state and ride through each one with the Crazy Aussie .
  • June 9, 2011 10:54 AM PDT
    OCC called us a few years back about our 3D fabrication; I talked with Michael Burkhouse, who is head of sales for OCC.
    I sent them all of my pictures & it went know where. They bought a state of the art CNC & a flow jet & starting doing parts in 3D & they still can't do what we do. I don't have any bad feelings towards them.
    • 2 posts
    June 14, 2011 1:43 AM PDT
    OCC called us a few years back about our 3D fabrication;  . . . I sent them all of my pictures & it went know where. . . . .

Details, give us details - What kind of CAD? - Post some of your renderings - Show us your machines - Retired before we got the 5axis mill I always wanted - Miss making chips - Miss pouring iron still more and most of all miss designing
  • June 14, 2011 5:48 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    OCC called us a few years back about our 3D fabrication;  . . . I sent them all of my pictures & it went know where. . . . .

Details, give us details - What kind of CAD? - Post some of your renderings - Show us your machines - Retired before we got the 5axis mill I always wanted - Miss making chips - Miss pouring iron still more and most of all miss designing

I'm a Expert Windsurfer, been glassing for 25 years, all of our work is made from a Epoxy mud that I make in house' it's very light weight & sands like a dream. If I had a CNC I wouldn't know how to use it let alone be able to afford it but I do use a Dremel,.

Go to the pics of the Vampire Skull Chopper & you will see the start of the tank.
    • 1161 posts
    June 25, 2011 11:35 AM PDT
    Hay BOOF I so want in on that ride! That is one of the things I want to do when I get my bike! Lower 48 in a cage done just need the bike now.
    • 844 posts
    July 16, 2011 5:03 AM PDT
    I agree with whoever made the statement about Vinny & Rick. The only reason I do watch it on occasion is to see how they can come up with the stuff they do. I find it interesting to watch Rick use 7 different pieces of sheet metal to create a custom tank. Wish they had a show like that without the drama!!!