woke up this mornin....4 below zero...foot of snow on the ground

• March 24, 2011 1:02 AM PDT
    . .....made coffee and looked out the back door. ...not liking this weather at all..

. . ...but my new neighbors seem to be diggin it..

• March 24, 2011 1:48 AM PDT
      30 plus years in far northwest Wisconsin and saw it alot. Now North Texas is better than waiting for the March rains to wash the winter salt off for the April 1st rides.
    • 9 posts
    March 24, 2011 2:54 AM PDT
    Do they make strap-on ski's for motorcycles? WOW! I think I would cry real tears if I couldn't ride by now. I don't know how you handle it....
  • March 24, 2011 3:20 AM PDT
    Yep! I feel your pain. It's around 30 right now and we're supposed to be getting an inch of snow in NH. Hopefully it's winters last stand....
    • 3006 posts
    March 24, 2011 3:27 AM PDT
    roflmao,those are neighbors ya dont mess with!!! especially when they git a few beers downed...;)

the weather is nasty wet n cold here,no riding here,unless your superhuman or crazy?!?!?
    • 846 posts
    March 24, 2011 3:53 AM PDT
    You're not alone, Snows in the forcase and the Highway Dept. just laid down new lines of that pre-snow salt on the roads. That's means another two rains storms to clean that sh** of the roads. I'm getting testy and those close to me know why.
  • March 24, 2011 8:11 AM PDT
    We're seeing the same here....forcast for frost warnings tonite. Down to a high of like 50 mondat from a high of 80. Rain in there also.
    • 58 posts
    March 24, 2011 10:50 AM PDT
    Looking forward to the weekend and time to RIDE!
    • 1 posts
    March 25, 2011 12:47 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Do they make strap-on ski's for motorcycles? WOW! I think I would cry real tears if I couldn't ride by now. I don't know how you handle it....

It's pure agony......      Right now it's about 15 degrees with a high of 25.  Maybe by next Tuesday it will get back to the 30's 
  • March 25, 2011 1:47 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...

"Snowmobile"  ...New sleds will run all day, are 4 cycle or no mixer injection and long travel suspension rides. Many trails well groomed and some are like FREEWAYS.  C an get as busy as freeways on weekend but during the week you can putt tour or tourist travel.  I worked a Gas station on a trail access and state highway in North Wisconsin for several winters.  Had some families that had trail ridden from Iowa going to Thunderbay.  Two Week vacation group ride round trip.  When ridding on railroad bed conversion trails you can run 70+ MPH (not legal) for miles.  That is the closest that I could do in the North country.   

• March 25, 2011 2:11 AM PDT
    mmmmm roast penguin!
  • March 25, 2011 6:04 AM PDT
    . . .....Tweek. ....ya mean something like this ? ..

• March 25, 2011 10:55 AM PDT
    Oh....that looks like fun. C'mon lets see an action shot.
    • 567 posts
    March 25, 2011 11:30 AM PDT
    Do ya think that one little rotisserie penguin will be enough for them Polar Bears?
  • March 26, 2011 9:03 AM PDT
    Cathy wrote...
    ...It's pure agony......      Right now it's about 15 degrees with a high of 25.  Maybe by next Tuesday it will get back to the 30's 

Lets hope so Cathy.  It got down to 12 last night and scheduled to go to 10 tonight.  Wont hit 30 today and its windy on top of it.  This is one of the longest coldest winters I can recall.  I look forward to forgetting about it too !!

jb

• March 26, 2011 9:58 AM PDT
    nice thats one way to take away the winter blues. Awsome design !!!
  • March 26, 2011 3:32 PM PDT
    We're looking at a low temp of 1 freaking degree tonight here in northern WI. New snow during the week. Winter is back and it's all my fault. I started my bike last Saturday and it was so beautiful outside that I decided to do my first ride of the year. I gave the finger to the Winter Gods and we are all paying the price. Sorry, northerners .

PS: hgsc90 is right on the money. Nothing like a day on the sled up here. Long rides, flying down a railroad grade or across a frozen lake, it's all good, I love seeing the headlights of sleds in the forest at night.
  • March 27, 2011 2:38 AM PDT
    Looks like its chilly throught the land...pretty much.

• March 27, 2011 2:46 AM PDT
    You bet jbasile! Went from 80 a bit ago to a high in the upper 30s, rain, and wind. Here's hoping that it's mother natures last hurrah for the winter. OK, so I'm an optimist!! LOL
  • March 27, 2011 7:20 AM PDT
    . ....its a state of mind my friends...if I want something bad enough...it will be so...

...every year about this time...I got Cabin fever Baaaadddd....if I dont get wind some how...there,s gonna be hell to pay...

...so 3 years ago .....I started doing this..

......2 hours later.....looked like this...

....few minutes after that....Im in the wind...well...down the street and back..

......also started some....Spring Rituals....

....one is having a roaring fire in the fire pit in the back yard.....and having a Winter BBQ...

....another is.....setting up a card table in the driveway...(sun comes across the front of the house)....getting the bike out....and having a ...candle lit dinner....complete with wine...to welcome spring in....you oughta see my neighbors when I perform this one.....can almost hear em.....I told you he was crazy !

...in the end...I do what I have to do to enjoy life.....and nothing will deny me....being in the wind !

• 58 posts
    March 27, 2011 12:30 PM PDT
    I like that, David. Will have to remember it, even though I ride pretty much year round.
    • 114 posts
    March 31, 2011 1:19 PM PDT
    I love your spring rituals...esp the BBQ !!!
    • 601 posts
    April 1, 2011 6:53 AM PDT
    Just back from north Norway...minus 15, difficult to work in, but well paid.
  • April 1, 2011 8:04 AM PDT
    ....was 27 degrees....below zero...here one night this winter rory....defnitely a..two dog night.. lol..
    • 202 posts
    April 1, 2011 3:13 PM PDT
    Sweet timbrwolf!

We had some pretty sad weather here this morning... snow and rain. Nothing stuck though. i am definately feeling the winter blues... and it is spring!