Give up riding?

• 19067 posts
    January 28, 2011 11:46 PM PST
    Hang tough and remember there are options for riders.
    • 202 posts
    January 30, 2011 12:37 AM PST
    I feel for ya, i have a bum leg that restricts some of my riding... for example, by the end of a long day (200+ miles) i can barely shift. I am careful not to use that leg to hold my bike up, as it gives out from time to time... i wonder as i age how it will perform! I don't know that i could afford conversion (but it would be a priority before buying food). I do believe that somday i'll be on a trike, but at least i'll be still riding! i hope that will be an option for you, if necessary.

i know what you mean about pain dampening your time... after riding a while, sometimes i can barely walk. Shot of whiskey usually does the trick! (not interested in pain medications!)

Yeah, my last ride will be with my son, carrying my ashes to the sacred place!

God it is good to be with like-minded individuals! Ride til it's over! Then... one more ride!
  • February 4, 2011 7:13 AM PST
    Hope all works out for you RockBottom. I saw my doc this morning. Nothing jumped out in the MRI, pain and tingling are gone, so he released me. (Didn't say nothing bout ridin' last Sunday, but I had to see for myself). Anyway, just monitoring at this point. Now all I need is some warmer, dryer weather. Monday is forcast as dry and in the 60s. Oh yeah!
    • 44 posts
    February 4, 2011 8:34 AM PST
    Rock Bottom I get shots for my lower back 3 times a year for the past two years I feel your pain But Seems like just the thought of riding the pain goes away on the other hand the day after really sucks STOP riding!!!??? Thats not going to happen Good luck brother
    • 1516 posts
    February 4, 2011 9:25 AM PST
    All I can say is good luck to us all with our aches and pains!!
    • 9 posts
    February 4, 2011 5:13 PM PST
    Saw a Chiopractor (sp) for the first time in my life, two days ago, snaped my neck & collected $75.00 then told me ride till I die... Pain in neck is still very strong, but, pain is gone from sholder & arm... Road about 70 miles today... Ahhhhhhh felt great!!!
    Thanks everone for the kind words.
    • 3006 posts
    February 10, 2011 2:58 AM PST
    Glad to hear your doing better!! my better half use's a chiro & says the treatments help.She was nearly killed in auto wreck 6 years ago,n has enough pins n metal in her for 3 people..
    Keep her shiny side up !