WHO'......

• g
    January 12, 2013 11:45 PM PST
    PLAYS......AND WHAT U GOT???????
  • g
    January 12, 2013 11:47 PM PST
  • g
    January 12, 2013 11:49 PM PST
    I DONT PLAY MY SELF ,allways wish i had started young ,i got my daughters fist one when she was 3yrs old ,she is now 14 and has 5 diffrent styles ,she has been going to lessons for 6 yrs now ,she play both lead n bass .
    • 16870 posts
    January 13, 2013 4:35 AM PST
    This 80% of my music gear.
    I play electric Bass and Guitar (electric & acoustic when needed) Dulcimer and Harmonica.
    I built all but one of my electric Guitars, I built all of my bass'.

• 5420 posts
    January 13, 2013 4:41 AM PST
    John, I am guessing you can probably play one or two of the Dead's song... just a guess !
    • 16870 posts
    January 13, 2013 4:51 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    John, I am guessing you can probably play one or two of the Dead's song... just a guess !

Indeed

• 3006 posts
    January 13, 2013 3:48 PM PST
    I have 4 guitars myself,only one which is worth playing, the others I keep out of nostalgia.

Keeping the kids interested in music is a good way to keep them out of trouble G !!! My nephew
    is really good on bass,played for HS band & currently is studying for a music degree.

Looks like a nice set up Rev !!
    • 16870 posts
    January 13, 2013 3:57 PM PST
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Looks like a nice set up Rev !!

Thank you my friend.

• g
    January 13, 2013 7:05 PM PST
    great stuff ,good show rev ,..ill try get some photos up my self .
  • g
    January 13, 2013 7:28 PM PST
    hayleys toys........................
  • g
    January 13, 2013 7:30 PM PST
    will say ,the gibson is not exect same ,but very close to hers ,prob more than 4 times the price hers was ,lol
    • 1780 posts
    January 13, 2013 8:26 PM PST
    Very cool G....sorry I'm a horn man.....played Trumpet for 8 years
    Hot Lips Dragon
  • January 13, 2013 11:09 PM PST
    I have a 1974 Ovation Dekcon that my brother in law found in the guitar.
    Mine is not as nice as the picture but plays awesome.
  • g
    January 13, 2013 11:59 PM PST
    nice .
    • 1855 posts
    January 14, 2013 1:01 AM PST

This isn't even half the guys I play with.  I'm the dude in the straw hat BTW. 2009 Gibson Artist Series

Guild 1987 D15M (Mahogany)

Guild 1979 D25(Spruce Top)

Guild D25 1979
    • 19067 posts
    January 14, 2013 2:01 AM PST
    Some nice looking instrutments here! Wish we could hear them.
    Music is something I wish I had been encouraged to do when young but alas never was. Seriously considering getting a Bodhran or Uilleann pipes as my newest hobby. But for now my art is visual and here are my two main instruments. The big one is film and the nikon is digital.

BTW I have VERY SERIOUSLY encouraged all of my Grandchildren in all art forms. 

Apologies if I diverged too much...
    • 16870 posts
    January 14, 2013 2:34 AM PST
    g wrote...
    great stuff ,good show rev ,..ill try get some photos up my self .

Thanks my friend, you have some really nice stuff there.
    Playing Psychedelic, Prog, and such I have an asortment of effects, I'll have to set them up and take a photo.

• 16870 posts
    January 14, 2013 2:39 AM PST
    brgus wrote...
    I have a 1974 Ovation Dekcon that my brother in law found in the guitar.
    Mine is not as nice as the picture but plays awesome.

I love the body shape, super cool.

• 2 posts
    January 14, 2013 5:15 AM PST
    Gave up on music a long time ago, something about not having much talent.
    Up to about age 16 seriously wanted to be a symphonic musician, heavy brass instruments. - Yeh, rural redneck with middlin talents, that's going to work out.

Tried bluegrass, banjo to be specific. Not much talent there either. - Just recently cleaned the rafters & sold my instruments.

Jimmyacorn:
    We gott'a hang sometime
    • 1855 posts
    January 14, 2013 6:46 AM PST
    99Savage wrote...
    Gave up on music a long time ago, something about not having much talent.
    Up to about age 16 seriously wanted to be a symphonic musician, heavy brass instruments. - Yeh, rural redneck with middlin talents, that's going to work out.

Tried bluegrass, banjo to be specific. Not much talent there either. - Just recently cleaned the rafters & sold my instruments.

Jimmyacorn:
    We gott'a hang sometime

Don't know when I'll get back up towards Rochester to visit family again.  Pretty self-centered, holier than thou, decadent, plastic snobs IMHO.  If I wasn't the brother/uncle, etc. they wouldn't have anything to do with me.  It seems like every time I get up that way the family parades me around to "shockd" their snobby friends.  My family has forgotten where they came from. But I digress.

That would be cool to get together sometime.  My friends and I here in west central Ohio are just plunkers really; mostly rythmn players though a few are pretty darn proficient finger pickers. We get together in the warmer, dryer months outside at a place called the Temple of Tolerance; which a friend of mine has been constructing for nearly 40 years.  It's truly an amazing work of art and inspirational.   America's Stonehendge if you will.

Where I live.  Check out the link as well. 

Temple Of Tolerance

http://peace.maripo.com/m_bowsher.htm />

Peace
  • January 14, 2013 8:32 AM PST
    Me and my Baby Taylor. Not much of guitarist, but still have fun with it.
    • 844 posts
    January 14, 2013 10:25 AM PST
    I have absolutely no musical ability at all. I even have a hard time stomping my foot to the correct time.
    • 1855 posts
    January 14, 2013 11:36 PM PST
    I always found it amazing when a guitar player, banjo player, etc. doesn't tap his foot and can still stay in time.

Peace
  • January 15, 2013 12:50 AM PST
    I had to quit music in the 8th grade. Couldn't count to four.
  • January 15, 2013 2:25 AM PST
    I've been singing & playing bass for 44 years now. Presently playing in four bands, two country, one classic rock & the other is a variety band playing oldies, Motown, country & Latin. Always loved music & alwways will. If you like the blues, check out my CD on itunes, Night Shift by Blue Collar Way. Ride free brothers & sisters!