Tebow or Manning...?

• March 24, 2012 12:48 AM PDT
    I don't know... personally, I'm thankful for Tim Tebow's sake that he ISN"T playing in Jacksonville. I mean, the guy is ridiculously popular down there. But what would have happened a handful of years down the road when reality sets in, and the folks in Jacksonville get tired of 8-8 seasons (at best, IMO), maybe a first-round playoff loss here and there?

As a Packer fan who watched the whole Brett Favre saga play out, I can tell you that his popularity would go swirling down the toilet like a wad of TP. Half the fans would have still loved him because he won two Heismans when he was in college X number of years ago, the other half would have been screaming about not going to the Super Bowl anytime in the foreseeable future.

Let the guy have one place in this nasty ol' world where he can still walk down the streets and have everybody love him. Had he played in Jacksonville, at some point even that would have been gone. Good call to go to NY, in my opinion. Leadership in the locker room is one thing, but wins on the field are what the fans ultimately want.

Just my $0.02 worth, of course...
    • 1855 posts
    March 24, 2012 5:33 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Well now. I apparently don't have my sheite together when it comes to picking teams. Basically, I'm a LOSER; having been a Jets Fan and a Cubs fan for, my God, I don't know how long. I only know that I'm probably more stubborn than realistic. LOL

I was real impressed with Cam Newton but it's obviously more than a great QB to make a team a winner. And I think more than any of the new dudes, Cam really can be a great QB. But alas, I'm still a Jets fan.

Peace

Yeah, try telling the fans in Indy that a great QB doesn't make a team a winner

Dead on there Lucky; a team needs a good QB but I'm gonna maintain that it's MORE than a good QB to make a winner.  Telling a fan?!!!?  Ya can't tell a fan anything.  That's what makes 'em fans. 

Peace

• 5420 posts
    March 24, 2012 5:46 AM PDT
    Yeah, I was just poking fun at the Colts (who I like by the way). But I can't believe they fell apart that bad because of ONE man being sidelined.
    • 844 posts
    April 2, 2012 8:41 AM PDT
    Would some one please take Romo... Anyone!!!
    • 9 posts
    April 2, 2012 8:59 AM PDT
    Not only NO, but HELL NO on ROMO...

Ride Free
    Tweek