This Site Is An Excellent Site.....

• 19067 posts
    March 4, 2012 10:52 PM PST
    Jetman wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Yeah, what Lucky said, especially about the perceived insult phrasing. I am going to disagree with the use of the word stupid, which has very negative tones.

Rex, I have removed the word from my text and thanks, it wont appear again unless I am saying it about myself... If any of you moderators disagree with wording I have used just let me know in a private message and I will rectify the situation immediately.....Like I said before, I am not out to offend anyone directly-just not my style, sometimes I may just need a reminder ..... After all, I am the guy that will use a 14lb hammer on a walnut, just to make sure!!!

Jetman you are one of the techincal assets to CF. I read all of your posts, especially the tech answers and value them. I think we think a lot alike regarding that part. Culturally though you are definitly more up front than me. Many is the time I wish I could say what I feel, but too many years of American society political correctness has rearranged some of my synapses. We are who we are I guess. BTW I am American but my lineage is Welsh, Irish, German, and Native American. How is that for a mix.

• March 5, 2012 2:43 AM PST
    Heh, believe it or not there are some of us Americans that just get along with anyone, it's more a toleration factor and timing... some people start talking and for me the clock starts...

• 16870 posts
    March 5, 2012 3:56 AM PST
    I come from a family that get's along with everyone until pushed too far.
    We helped the British from having to learn German, and the Australians from learning Japanese. :-)
  • March 5, 2012 4:14 AM PST
    I have been coming to USA for 12 years now, well, its 13 years come May, and no matter where I go I talk straight and always find someone who can handle it...lol...

I was drinking with a buddy in a bar in Connecticut, as we went in he mentioned to keep a lid on as there were truckers at the bar and we should go sit somewhere away from them, so for around 5 mins I took his advice...lol...yeah right...

I went to get the 2nd round in and as I pushed my way through the truckers I simply said hello and from that started a conversation with them.....1st question I was asked is "You aint from round here are you", So I pointed in a generally East direction and said "No, About 4 thousand miles that way...lol...London England", and we got chatting there and then as I was saying things like.....

"You Yanks are fkn crazy, you all drive on the wrong side of the road" so of course the answer came back that it was us Limeys who are on the wrong side...lol... so I said a quickie...

"As I was driving out of Logan Int Airport I came west on I-90, and when I changed direction onto ordinary streets around Auburn Mass a radio report came out about some nut that was driving the wrong way along the street in the Auburn area and to watch out for him, so I foned the radio station and told them they had got it wrong...I Told Them That EVERYONE Was Driving The Wrong Way and that I had to swerve round ALL OF THEM!!!!!", well, the guy I went in there with was cringing on a corner table but the whole crowd that had actually built up as I was telling the story were all rolling around laughing and so I threw it in that I was serious about them all driving the wrong way.....GOT THEM TWICE that way!!!!!

You should have seen their faces when I said I was serious...lol...guy I was drinking with just stayed quiet in the corner, damn fool worries about truckers etc, as they all carry guns...lol...y'know what, they dont know me, and they dont know if I have a gun or not either, it makes for a very happy evening and masses of shouts of BYE from everyone as I was leaving...lol...

The following year I happened to take a g/f in that same bar and as I walked in the door there were 3 of those truckers in there and as I walked in the door the barmaid shouted out "Hey Slick...Hey Guys, Slicks Back again", How about that for being remembered.....
    • 601 posts
    March 5, 2012 5:50 AM PST
    They drive on the other side of the road in the U.S !!!!!!! well now I know why they been beeping and flashing at me for the last few years, and there's me thinking they were all just friendly..............
  • March 5, 2012 6:16 AM PST
    Ice Bear growl er chime in here...Since I don't believe in beating a dead horse or beating a horse ever...I'm gonna say this...

What Lucky, Boof n my all time favorite...Debrajo said....

I would like to add...Daaaaam Jetman stay cool n sure hope ya'll don't amble away to far...Stop by n say WAT UP BIKERS?

Ice Bear...Forage Well...
  • March 5, 2012 8:32 AM PST
    I guess its a bit cold where you are matey...lol...only time I seen fur coat like that was in a zoo...lol...

and hey, I aint going anywhere...a few here have talked me into staying...lol...have you seen the number of replies I got?????
    • 0 posts
    March 5, 2012 9:04 AM PST
    IN A CAR ITS OK DRIVING IN THE STATES BUT ON THE BIKE I STUFF UP ALL THE TIME..RIGHT HAND TURNS ARE MY BIGGEST FAILURE RATE..WHEN I RODE IN 02 AND 04 I MADE A STICKER THAT SAID" KEEP RIGHT" AND STUCK IN ON THE SCREEN OF THE BIKE..ONE THING I NEVER GOT USED TO WAS GOING TO THE BAR IN MY TRUCK THEN WALKING OUT AFTER A FEW BEERS AND GOING TO THE WRONG SIDE..I USED TO GET CAUGHT OUT ALL THE BLOODY TIME AND THE LOCAL THE DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE WAS ROOTED..ONE SMARTARSE CAME AND TRIED THE HANDLE SO I GRABBED AN IRON BAR OUT OF THE BACK AND SMASHED THE FRIGGIN HANDLE OFF..AFTER 20 PLUS YEARS OF DRIVING IT TAKES A BIT OF GETTIN USED TO...CHEERS BOOF
  • March 5, 2012 10:13 AM PST
    I drive left hand drive American cars over here, I have driven right hand drive English cars in USA...lol...bikes in both and only made one mistake once and then NEVER repeated it !!! actually at Destination Daytona, I was staying in the Super 8 across the road and came off 95 and turned immediate left instead of across the width before turning!!! scared me and never done anything like it since...lol...that was 11 years ago.....
  • March 5, 2012 10:41 AM PST
    "I could have done the direct insult in a much cleverer way....."

Jetman, I have the same problem as you. I am brutally honest and outspoken. I sometimes feel the need to be heard for either my welfare or anothers regardless if people want to hear it or not. At least they know where I stand and they will have absolutely no doubt about what has been said. What they do with that information is up to them.

And again like you, I am not very clever about my "opinions".
  • March 5, 2012 4:07 PM PST
    Yup, I guess I can be a bit too direct with something if I see something fundamentally wrong, friends of mine do not ever ask an opinion of something they intend to do.....sometimes they ask deliberately, especially at a gathering somewhere, like the girl who asks "Does my bum look fat in this?" and I reply "NO, But Your Fat Does!", but hey, dont want a direct answer then dont ask a question.....
  • March 6, 2012 1:21 PM PST
    Jetman wrote...
    I guess its a bit cold where you are matey...lol...only time I seen fur coat like that was in a zoo...lol...

and hey, I aint going anywhere...a few here have talked me into staying...lol...have you seen the number of replies I got?????

Good move bro er I mean good stay..lol..I got the road name Ice Bear from fellow bikers that ride with me cause I don't need all the dam clothes they need to stay warm...the only rule I can break at home n really be in trouble is if I don't have the heat on when Gail gets home...

Glad your stickin round

Ice Bear...Forafe Well...