gun choices.....need advice.

• 395 posts
    November 14, 2011 3:43 AM PST
     So i am currently looking to get a new handgun...I have had many in the past. I am looking at the 380...I know a lot of you big men will tell me that's not a good gun...actually it is for me.....i've shot all of them. Don't like the feel of a 38...45 is too big a gun and a 357 will bruise the hell out of my hands.....i'm a very small girl, and have found in the past that this caliber is the best fit for my size...and I feel comfortable with it..The problem is now i'm not sure which one (brand) has perfected the design the best...not looking for the cheapest...you get what you pay for, and i want accuracy.I resect the opinion of my friends on here, so that's why i'm asking.any advice?
    • 395 posts
    November 14, 2011 4:13 AM PST
    nice...and in pink even!!!! have shot a Taurus before...good brand, thanks mac.....
  • November 14, 2011 4:37 AM PST
    Anytime!
    • 1780 posts
    November 14, 2011 6:40 AM PST
    Lola this is my and Angel Eyes concel Carry weapons......Mind is a American Tactual Import 45ACP, and Angel Carries a 380 PHK, which is the Hungrian version of the PPK.

She is very good with that little 380 and true it might not bring down someone first shot, but it will leave one hell of a mark.

• November 14, 2011 6:45 AM PST
    Lola, try looking at a BDA 380 (Browning Double Action). There relatively small, yet the grip is a lil wide for conceal carry. Moreover, it has a capacity of 14rounds in the mag with one in the chamber. Try GunsAmerica.com and/or gunbroker.com.
    Average price for a 'blued' model is around $500, but like you said, you get what you pay for ~
    bonne chance cher,
    Dave
    • 395 posts
    November 14, 2011 6:47 AM PST
    thanks dragon..the one i used to own was a markarov acp...loved that gun!!!!...just found the others kick too much for me...and a well placed shot will stop the biggest threat........and of course if someone is a real threat...i was taught to keep firing til they stop moving.....just pissing them off won't work in your favor,lol

Don't forget HEAD SHOTS!!!

Dragon
    • 395 posts
    November 14, 2011 7:14 AM PST
    hahahaha..yea, um...a well placed low blow will sufficiently slow them down as well........
  • November 14, 2011 9:06 AM PST
    Lola take a look at the 380 Colt Mustang Pocketlite they just came out with a new and improved version the old models were subject to jaming up but looks like Colt has improved them. Shoot straight and often
    • 58 posts
    November 14, 2011 12:19 PM PST
    While we are on the subject.... Does anyone have anything to say about the Remington XG or XGM handguns? My son has an XG .40 and I am looking at (eventually) purchasing the .45 acp with tactical (long) barrel.
    • 19067 posts
    November 14, 2011 11:03 PM PST
    Have you considered a Beretta Tomcat 32. A very easy carry.
    • 1161 posts
    November 15, 2011 1:32 AM PST
    I have been looking at the 1911 (.45) since this is it 100th year I was thinking of getting one to collect and 1 to shoot / defence With a 9mm back up (just not sure on the kind yet). I had a .32 they are a very small hand gun, you could hide it almost anywhere.

Good luck on your search Lola!
    • 0 posts
    November 15, 2011 5:53 AM PST
    Gday Lola ..Mike is right the beretta tomcat is a good little concealed carry..Fair enough the 32 would knock a fat kid off a cake but its size and easy operation make it a great little pistol..I bought one for a girlfriend years ago for valentines day and she bought me an AK47..Ahhh I was a romantic bastard back in the day..Cheers BOOF
    • 395 posts
    November 15, 2011 5:57 AM PST
    nice Boof..nothing says love like giving your lady a high powered weapon,hahahahaha...
    thanks for the input every one...it is much appreciated!
    • 467 posts
    November 15, 2011 10:12 AM PST
    I got a Walther PPK .380 for Mother's Day last year and I love it! I got a "Gun toten' Mama" purse this year for our Anniversary and it fits very well. It is light enough for me, handles well, has a modular design so I can change out to a longer barrel or add a red dot or laser sight, the purse is stylish and has room for all my necessaties besides the gun.