Time to Break Out the Winter Toys

• November 8, 2011 2:38 AM PST
    As much as I hate putting the bike away for the winter, at least I do have some winter toys to play with.

Anyone else have any winter toys?  Lets see 'em

One of me on my snowmobile, and one of my daughter and son on the quads...

• 16870 posts
    November 8, 2011 3:56 AM PST
    NOTE: This is not mine.
    • 5420 posts
    November 8, 2011 4:48 AM PST
    Too bad John, you and the Misses would look good riding around in that!!!!
  • November 8, 2011 6:15 AM PST
    A couple winters ago, when we still lived in Oregon, I was trying to tell my son I wanted to do the same thing with mine so we could go to Winter car shows
    • 2 posts
    November 8, 2011 11:27 AM PST
    My winter toys are simpler
    • 16870 posts
    November 9, 2011 2:21 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Too bad John, you and the Misses would look good riding around in that!!!!

My dunebuggy when finished will be a real trip in the winter, with it's raised ground clearence and agressive mud / snow tires.
    Here in the winter it's not uncommon to see snowmoblies and fourwheelers on the main streets of the nearby towns.
    Folks will be blown away seeing a dunebuggy.

• 395 posts
    November 9, 2011 2:45 AM PST
    hey savage...you making a "redneck" dog sled?
    • 2 posts
    November 9, 2011 11:36 AM PST
    hey savage...you making a "redneck" dog sled?

We are everywhere nowadays - be afraid - be very afraid

Actually it is simple; modify a pistol belt, get a shank of nylon line, a harness and a dog - better yet a brace of dogs.

Back country skis w/ metal edges provide a modicum of control & one dog had damn well best respond to "stay" IMMEDIATELY

This dog is a sweetheart but a major labor faker & only suitable for groomed trails, unlike her predecessor who from age 5 weeks until I put sod over him was determined to prove himself the better male.

I'm going to run across icy parking lots, ignoring traffic, skirt the edges of canyon trails, speed up going down hills & cross not yet frozen ponds until you scream "STAY", then I will sit down & stare at you.

Motorcycles are great but I used to comeback from my outings with Zeke feeling more alive than after any other activity done while fully clothed. - Miss him almost everyday. Tell Zoey she isn't as good as Zeke was but she doesn't care.

• 580 posts
    November 10, 2011 8:33 PM PST
    Hey Savage - the sledge is about the only toy we will have for the winter (not forgetting my wellies and gloves lol) but love seeing the pics of those you guys have!    

I  don't even have the dog to pull it.  Just me - plain old Grannie (no further comments needed lot)
  • November 10, 2011 11:32 PM PST
    DynaJay, when it's time to put the Harley's up for the season, hubby and I tear up some trails with this puppy!
    • 1780 posts
    November 11, 2011 12:45 AM PST
    Winter toy...just means more layers of leather and back on the Bike.
  • November 15, 2011 7:20 AM PST
     . .....aint mine. ....wish it was.. 

• 9 posts
    November 15, 2011 7:25 AM PST
    DANG Wolfie! That's suhweet! Reminds me of a Star Wars speeder bike...on snow. AWESOME...I gotta git me one of those!
    RIde Free
    Tweek