Hog in the Road

• 13 posts
    November 7, 2011 7:40 AM PST
     I was riding down 100 coming back from Daytona to Gainesville really late one night with my boyfriend after Bike Week years ago. We were tired, but no one was on the road and we were in this po-dunk area, so we had fun and were taking turns a little too fast. Not really paying attention, suddenly we see this massive pig in the road.

My beau drops the bike and we skid a little but still hit the pig. Now, for how fast we were going, some how we were both alright with just really bad roadrash. The bike wasn't so lucky, and neither was the pig. But the bike was still working (although it looked terrible), so we thought we'd keep going. No one was around so we just dragged the stupid pig off the road so another bike or car wouldn't hit it, and hoped whatever farmer owned the thing would just assume it got out (which it did), and ran away.

So we drive back home and everything is fine. That is, until two weeks later when my boyfriend gets a ticket in the mail. It cites him $230 for destruction of property, littering, and illegal disposal of roadkill in the freaking po-dunk town we had been riding through two-weeks earlier. The thing that got us was wondering who the hell saw us hit the thing and drag it off the road without saying anything to us or without us seeing them.

Then it hit me: the pig squealed.
    • 1855 posts
    November 7, 2011 7:45 AM PST
    Good one.
    • 19067 posts
    November 7, 2011 10:24 PM PST
    got me...
  • November 8, 2011 12:04 AM PST
     . ..thats why I always carry a bottle of...Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce...in my side bag...for just such occasions.. 
    • 395 posts
    November 8, 2011 12:06 AM PST
    nice....i didn't see that on coming.
  • November 8, 2011 12:51 AM PST
    I didn't see that coming..
    • 846 posts
    November 8, 2011 3:11 AM PST
    Neither did I, nice.
    • 1161 posts
    November 8, 2011 6:22 AM PST
    LOL got me on that one.