Sorry it's another Gun Nut Thing from Dragon again........

• 1780 posts
    October 23, 2011 9:56 AM PDT
    I reworked my Remington 300 ULTRA Win Mag with a Bobby Hart Thumb Through hole stock from StockyStocks, mounted a fluted barrel with a drilled break on the end. Shooting 180 Grain Nosler Tips. Very little recoil due to the break and the stock pad. The scope is a Center Point and a Harris Bi-Pod.

Here piggy...Piggy...Piggy

Dragon

• October 23, 2011 10:13 AM PDT
    Looks like a great tack driver for sure Dragon
    • 2 posts
    October 23, 2011 1:10 PM PDT
    Real pretty, now let's see a group!
  • October 23, 2011 1:17 PM PDT
    Sweet. How about cleaning it? Is it harder with the fluted barrel?
  • October 23, 2011 9:38 PM PDT
    Thats truly a work of art my friend. Btw just wondering if you were a fan of the show Hog Hunters with Campbell family on the history channel I believe
    • 1780 posts
    October 23, 2011 11:39 PM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    Thats truly a work of art my friend. Btw just wondering if you were a fan of the show Hog Hunters with Campbell family on the history channel I believe

I missed it....think it will be on again?

• 16870 posts
    October 24, 2011 5:08 AM PDT
    From when I started hunting until I left for the service our bunch (family & friends) mostly used 300 Savages for white tail deer.
    Dad had the nicest one, he shot antelope and mule deer in Wyoming with it as well, unfortunately my uncle inherited it when dad died.
    • 1780 posts
    October 24, 2011 6:56 AM PDT
    Here ya go 99Savage......8 rounds @ 100 yards

Dragon
    • 2 posts
    October 24, 2011 11:25 AM PDT
    There you go: 3 of 8 touching, 2 more close, 2 touching, stringing more horizontal than vertical - Looks like you made a good investment

Will have to unlimber the Springfield, don't think have had it out since getting the Beeman air-rifle.
    1st time will be just to generate some brass for reloading
    • 611 posts
    November 4, 2011 6:06 PM PDT
    That's a Beauty, Dragon... Nice group-o-holes... Is the stock made from Zebra wood or a laminated wood composite or something else? Big freekin cartridges... when ya pull the bolt back and a spent casing hits the deck, bet it looks like a beer bottle rolling around!
    Shoot Enjoy Repeat!
    Edge
  • November 4, 2011 9:21 PM PDT
    Doin the low crawl...LOL....Hows ya been Dragon? 
    Ride Strong...RandyJoe...Ice Bear...