Steve Jobs of Apple Dead at 56

• 5420 posts
    October 5, 2011 12:05 PM PDT
    Steven P. Jobs, the Apple Inc. chairman and co-founder who pioneered the personal computer industry and changed the way people think about technology, died today (10/5/2011).

Mr. Jobs is survived by his wife, Laurene, and four children.

Although his achievements in technology alone were immense, Mr. Jobs played an equally groundbreaking role in entertainment. He turned Apple into the largest retailer of music and helped popularize computer-animated films as the financier and CEO of Pixar Animation Studios, which he later sold to Walt Disney Co. He was a key figure in changing the way people used the Internet and how they consumed music, TV shows, movies, books, disrupting industries in the process.

• 3006 posts
    October 5, 2011 1:56 PM PDT
    My condolences to his family,for their loss.He was very young relatively speaking and its a shame the world has lost such a fine person.He always struck me as a decent human being.I dont think he ever graduated HS?
    The older I get the more I realize how truly fragile life is,and how precious ones health is.All the $$$ in the world cant buy you one more second of it,when its your time.
  • October 5, 2011 2:08 PM PDT
     . ....All men die. ....not all men live..

. ..i think its pretty safe to say.....he definitely lived 

......RIP Steve
    • 9 posts
    October 6, 2011 1:05 AM PDT
    If Steve hadn't of done his thing, we wouldn't all be on here doing ours....Thanks, Steve. Rest in Peace, Brother.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 544 posts
    October 6, 2011 1:31 AM PDT
    Rest in peace Mr. Steve Jobs. You definitely left your mark on the world.
  • October 6, 2011 11:48 AM PDT
    Guess who plans to attend the funeral service? Yep, our friends from the Westboro Baptist Church :

http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/10/06/8191422-church-wants-to-protest-at-steve-jobs-funeral />
    I can't figure these folks out.

My first computer was an old Macintosh Classic II. A little black and white screen, a whopping 40 MB hard drive, but I loved it to death. It's drive is long since shot, but I can't bring myself to throw it away even now. Thanks for the memories, Steve.
    • 2 posts
    October 6, 2011 2:39 PM PDT
    R.I.P. guy, never was willing to pay your prices for your stuff but it was indeed cool stuff

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/02/steve-jobs-you-used-to-be-cool/ />