I'm new

• September 19, 2011 1:29 AM PDT
    Im new to this group but not brand new to bikes. I rode a BSA back in '65 in Jacksonville, FL when I was stationed at NAS JAX. Lots of fun then. The riding garb was no helmet, surfer shirt, white levis, and penny loafers. I made the run from Jax to St Pete many times. Sold the bike in less than 4 months because of a transfer. The next ride was in '69 when I bought a '67Triumph (TR6; but NOT the car). Rode for a short while and sold it a few months later to pay tuition. After a near 40 year break then comes '07 and I bought a Harley Road King. Nothing I thought I knew would transfer to riding the Harley. Glad I survived the first 10k! Now I have about 30k miles on the Road King and  I still know nothing except I enjoy riding. 
    • 567 posts
    September 19, 2011 2:42 AM PDT
    Greetings from the Sunshine State .. except I live down in the center of the state. Welcome to CF and I'm glad to hear you're putting some miles on that bike.
  • September 19, 2011 6:11 AM PDT
    Welcome from NC! Great site and great people. Enjoy!
    • 16870 posts
    September 19, 2011 7:33 AM PDT
    Welcome from the north coast of Pennsylvania.
    • 2 posts
    September 20, 2011 11:56 AM PDT
    South Central NY here
  • September 21, 2011 1:21 AM PDT
    Glad to hear you're back riding again. I hear stories like yours many times from riders who put their bike riding on hold as they get on with their life due to families,educations and other demands of life. Glad you've gotten that over with and are ready to enjoy life. Sounds like you're about to or are retired now and have the time. Keep it safe brother.
    Happy trails!
    • 1364 posts
    September 21, 2011 2:40 AM PDT
    Welcome to CycleFish from the PNW
    • 5420 posts
    September 21, 2011 3:17 AM PDT
    Welcome, a so familiar story. I too took a break from bikes for a while while busy with family and work, and my first re-entry was also a Road King. Glad to hear you are back on the road and enjoying it.

Enjoy the site and stay safe out there.
    • 19067 posts
    September 21, 2011 10:51 AM PDT
    Welcome and enjoy the King, correctly named I will add.
    • 0 posts
    September 21, 2011 10:57 AM PDT
    Gday mate .Welcome from Queensland Australia..Bloody good mob of people here .I've destroyed a bloody heap of beers and jack daniels with a few of them..Speakin of which new bloke buys the next round..CHEERS BOOF
    • 3006 posts
    September 21, 2011 3:26 PM PDT
    Welcome from N Calif !!
    Great boards & great peoples here !
    Stay Safe n Enjoy the Ride