Little Help Please ?

• August 15, 2011 9:29 AM PDT

Hi ya'll......My wife n I ride a heck of a lot together, however here is the problem we have been trying to figure out so I told her I would
    ask a few thousand of my biker friends on cf for any ideas..

Gail gets the helmut itchies really bad when wearing her helmut...the longer the ride the more crazy it drives her.

She dosen't have any skin issues or dandruff and she has tried wearing my dew rags but to no avail....

The inside of her helmut looks a little like velcro and is alittle rough but as I said even with a dew rag she gets the itchies...

Any Ideas ?

Thanks my friends
    RandyJoe...Ride Strong...

• 601 posts
    August 15, 2011 9:38 AM PDT
    Hey RJ, my wife had the same problem and she discovered stuff called menthogen....works for her, and she has short hair which seems to be worse than long...

http://www.menthogen.co.uk/guarantee.html type="_moz" />
  • August 15, 2011 9:45 AM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    Hey RJ, my wife had the same problem and she discovered stuff called menthogen....works for her, and she has short hair which seems to be worse than long...

http://www.menthogen.co.uk/guarantee.html type="_moz" />  

Rory1   Thanks for you response,,, however Gail on'y gets the itchies when she weares her helmut, is that when your wife gets the itchies as well? If so does she apply the stuff at night or just before she rides?

RandyJoe...
    • 601 posts
    August 15, 2011 10:04 AM PDT
    only when she wears a helmet RJ, she uses a small drop of the M-gen an hour or so before we go spinning, she swears by the stuff.. have to say tho' that she showers the stuff off as soon as we get home as she don't like the way it messes with her "colour"
    • 9 posts
    August 15, 2011 10:11 AM PDT
    Does your wife use hairspray? Cause hairspray mixed with sweat, will make even the strongest women itch. Sometimes, sweat alone, all over the scalp, is enough to make anyone "batty". With me, I had to stop the hairspray, and start using Neutrogena Dandruff 2 times a week. I don't have major dandruff issues, but it sure helped with the itching, and I'm sure it won't "mess with color", more than any other shampoo. Good hunting.
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 30 posts
    August 15, 2011 11:40 AM PDT
    Neutrogena or any type of tar shampoo really does help if your having scalp problems. ... lemon head and shoulders before I ride...refreshing...
  • August 15, 2011 2:21 PM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Does your wife use hairspray? Cause hairspray mixed with sweat, will make even the strongest women itch. Sometimes, sweat alone, all over the scalp, is enough to make anyone "batty". With me, I had to stop the hairspray, and start using Neutrogena Dandruff 2 times a week. I don't have major dandruff issues, but it sure helped with the itching, and I'm sure it won't "mess with color", more than any other shampoo. Good hunting.
    Ride Free
    Tweek

Thanks tweek

• 19067 posts
    August 16, 2011 12:47 AM PDT
    All of the above plus try 'silk' doo rags or bandana. And maybe a different helmet.