Be Careful !!!!

• 2072 posts
    August 6, 2011 12:41 PM PDT
    Went for a nice drive in the cage today you to our cabin in the Sierras. Coming home as I rounded a curve I saw a HUGE 2" X 6 foot metal "Breaker Bar" laying across our lane of traffic. Obviously had fallen off someone's truck. Thankfully there was a turn out right at that spot. Pulled over real quick like and grabbed the bar and threw it in the back of our convertible. This is a favorite "Biker" road. Told my wife, that thing would have put a bike over the high side. As I got back into the car what should come aroung the curve...... Yep a nice Sport cruiser crackin' the throttle. I know he would have had a real hard time missing that chunk of steel in the road. Bottom line....... Watch for crap in the road. Ya never know what lies ahead around that next curve !!!!
    • 1516 posts
    August 6, 2011 1:13 PM PDT
    We need to start calling you Life Saver.. Good move BC
    • 2072 posts
    August 6, 2011 2:47 PM PDT
    Hey Debra..... Was just in the right place at the right time........ Would hope and pray anybody else would have done the same. I GUARANTEE...... Had that sport cruiser hit it he would have gone over the high side !!!
    • 19067 posts
    August 7, 2011 4:00 AM PDT
    Atta Boy Cruiser. One of the reasons to slow a bit on turns even if familiar with the road.
    • 9 posts
    August 7, 2011 1:59 PM PDT
    I worry about that too, on a recent trip thru Orlando, I couldn't believe all the chunks of rubber from big rigs that was strewn across every single lane of traffic going thru downtown. I was grateful I wasn't on a bike. Keeping your eyes peeled, could mean the difference between a good trip, and a really bad one...
    Ride Free and Safe
    Tweek
    • 3006 posts
    August 7, 2011 3:56 PM PDT
    Right On Blvd,we need more drivers like you on the road !!! Especially out here in hotel california,too many fools driving around halfcocked & just a crap load of tourists w/out a clue how to drive!
    • 1161 posts
    August 8, 2011 10:49 AM PDT
    Well done Blvd, I tip my hat to you sir!