Who's Watching Shark Week

• 5420 posts
    August 5, 2011 11:30 AM PDT
    Man I have been just glued to the tv for shark week.  Sharks just absolutely amaze me... just the most efficient hunters on the planet.

I'm not so much into the episodes with the shark attacks - kind of the same thing over and over.  But the ones that show their behavior and hunting skills are the ones that I can't stop watching. 

• 1516 posts
    August 5, 2011 11:39 AM PDT
    My son has been fascinated by sharks for as long as he has known about them, so we ALWAYS watch shark week.
    When he was little, he even had these toy sharks make of plastic he would carry around with him where ever he went!
  • August 5, 2011 12:17 PM PDT
    every yr- religiously- before i successfully failled out of A&M marine biology program- eh had intentions on studying them - as it turns out- i liked treats, beer and surfing alot more than homework- it also explains the overweight hammerhead i have tattooed on my shoulder blade! sharkweek rocks!
    • 3006 posts
    August 5, 2011 1:37 PM PDT
    Used to watch it all the time,lately tho the tv has been turned off,been practicing my guitar,tryin to drive the rust outta the fingers !!! seen a video today of a big pod of blue whales n a bunch of other whales & dolphins that were feedin down in So Cal, off dana point..!..we get a lot of the great whites up this way near the farallone islands.
  • August 5, 2011 4:12 PM PDT
    My kids were glued to the tv watching Shark week. I kept walking away as I also love to ride my Stand Up Paddleboard and do not want to see what is swimming below me!
    • 638 posts
    August 5, 2011 11:45 PM PDT
    I am terrified of sharks. To the point that I cant even touch a picture of one or walk in front of the television when shark week is on. But I am a shark week junkie...been for 25 years. I have to get my kids go through all of my Maxim magazines and tear out all the pictures of sharks before I can read it. I sit on my recliner crosslegged so my feet aren't hanging off just in case one shows up in the living room...don't want any body parts hanging off you know? The wierd thing is that I used to work in the dive industry and worked offshore for 18 years
    • 9 posts
    August 6, 2011 12:26 AM PDT
    Dang, I miss that show. Don't have cable right now, bummer. But other than seeing "Jaws", by myself in the theater, when it came out, nothing has the same impact as the shows on "Shark Week". And to this day, I don't really like wading much further than my knees, into the ocean.....too creeeeeeeepy!
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1780 posts
    August 6, 2011 12:34 AM PDT
    A buddy of mind made a deal with all sharks.....he wouldn't go into their water, if they didn't come into his Bar's.
    I've actually seen sharks up close back when I SCUBA dove alot with my ex-wife. Turned out she was the worst Shark of them all....bitch!
    Sorry got carried away
    Dragon
    • 5420 posts
    August 11, 2011 3:44 AM PDT
    Damn, Shark Week is over. Well we still have the ride the (inflatable) shark challenge in the pool at my b-day party this Saturday!
    • 395 posts
    August 11, 2011 3:52 AM PDT
    always wanted to go to the cape of south africa...the only place in the world where great whites are filmed actually jumping out of the water....so beautiful. they are such magnificent creatures....but if you and i are in the water and some one yells shark.....um, yes sorry bout your luck....you don't have to swim faster than the shark....just faster than the person next to you......
    • 1161 posts
    August 13, 2011 5:53 PM PDT
    Hay Lucky have you seen the show where they catch, tag, chart, get samples, then release them off the boat? I was glued to that show but I have not seen it in a while now. But I can relate Lucky, I want to go diving with them to say I did it.
    • 5420 posts
    August 14, 2011 2:33 PM PDT
    I must have missed that one. Not sure if I am up for diving with the sharks though. I actaully had a chance to go in a shark cage one time and passed on it!
    • 5420 posts
    August 13, 2012 3:37 AM PDT
    Just when I thought there would be nothing to watch when the Olympics ended...

Shark Week is Back!!!

• 79 posts
    August 13, 2012 4:21 AM PDT
    And I'm glued to it myself!