Just aim for the bullseye?

• 9 posts
    July 23, 2011 3:34 PM PDT

I like to think of myself generally as a nice person.  I get along well (play nice) with others.  Sure, at times, I CAN be a little loud, and maybe even sometimes obnoxious, but for the most part, people seem to like me.  
     I came across one today though, who gives new meaning to the term..."frenemy".  I met this woman a few months back, and we seemed to "click".  I mean, we weren't hanging out or anything, but she did me a good turn, and I did one in return.  So we were square.  But due to something that happened between two others, in both our lives, she felt the need to attack me.  Over something which, neither of US had anything to do with.  Not a physical attack, that I could've handled, but, an extremetly nasty and visious verbal barrage.  And what's worse, this all took place on "another social network".  In real time.  And she not only lambasted me, but my old man, my son, and even my sister.  WOW!!!   Needless to say,  I did my best, not to lower myself to her level.  (The second level of Hell comes to mind...)  I was just really p o'd that she chose that forum to air her perceived grievances.                                                                   I'm really not sure, why I'm posting this tonite.  I think I just needed to get it off my chest.  And maybe I'm looking for someone to tell me, what if anything I should do, OR feel about all this.  My gut tells me, she ain't gonna stop there, my "God" (that part of me) tells me to "let it go", move on, she'll get bored and knock it off.  I'd settle for an ear or two.       Ride Free
    Tweek 

• 1516 posts
    July 23, 2011 4:18 PM PDT
    Wish I had some good advice. Not sure what you should do. If you give her fuel she will keep going, but if you don't say anything, well then she just keeps trying.. Knock her clean out, then she will shut up!!
    • 19067 posts
    July 24, 2011 3:44 AM PDT
    Although I have found it extremely difficult advice to follow I remember what a very good friends once told me. If you argue with an a$$hole it is impossible for others to tell you apart. Let this bimbo show her colors, it will be obvious to others on these networks what she is. But if you pass her on the street hit her in the mouth with a 2x4.
    • 2 posts
    July 24, 2011 4:39 AM PDT
    Why assume that anybody who knows you will believe her?
  • July 24, 2011 5:16 AM PDT
    My favorite is when people come up to me or the Mrs. and say something like well your not like this or that at all. Then they always say we heard from so and so about you guys. Tweek my friend people are gonna think what they want about you and there is nothing you can do about that. What is Important is that your friends all know better about you. Loudmouths are always gonna be there and its too bad that people actually develop opinions about folks with out taking time to get to know them personally.
    • 9 posts
    July 24, 2011 6:31 AM PDT
    Loving the comments, please keep them coming...
    People that "know" me, would have been shocked to read that drivel. But it wasn't the comments about ME, that bothered me so much, I have duck feathers. But when she started in on my family, well....let's just say, I had a moment where, it's a darn good thing that I am trying to follow in Christ's path. But even right now? At this moment? If she were to cross my path...I think Debra Jo and Rex's moves, might be the ONLY reaction...LOL!
    Actually, since having a day to reflect, I'm a helluva lot calmer, than I was yesterday...
    But please, any advice, relevant stories, or words of wisdom, are all much appreciated. Thanks.
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    P.S.  Check out the latest blog...it's a kicker
    • 1161 posts
    July 24, 2011 8:03 AM PDT
    Wheels I agree with you but Tweek I can relate talk about me but not my family. I'm fairly easy to get along with and it takes certain things to get me hot but my family is a major one. People call me names what ever I could give a damn less but not my family. But I don't think I could have held my self back like you did I commend you.

Seakers
    • 16870 posts
    July 24, 2011 4:02 PM PDT
    Do not argue with an idiot.
    They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• 0 posts
    July 24, 2011 5:36 PM PDT
    Tweek old mate Fightin on the internet is like buyin an ethiopian kid a friggin happy meal..BLOODY POINTLESS>>>CHEERS BOOF
  • July 25, 2011 2:05 AM PDT
    Best thing I have found is to let it slide, to a point. She will eventually bury herself and show her true colors to the rest. That type always does. But if she reaches "that point" (and only you will know what it is and when she reaches it) then deal with it/her, but only once, and then leave it alone.
    • 395 posts
    July 25, 2011 2:35 AM PDT
    If she's attacking your family others will see it for what it is...a ploy to get you to stoop to her level and keep the fight going. My advice would be to simply say "i'm sorry you are having issues, you need to speak with god and deal with it" then walk away and never speak to her again..it will make you the better woman, in others eyes as well as your own piece of mind. people only bring other family into the fight as a way to provoke, and as good people (which i know you are) we must refrain from falling for this trick...you are better than her already, and a simple statement to her is all that's needed....all that know you will understand, all that don't will form their own opinion and are not to be worried over.This will come back to bite her in the arse....it always does!
    • 9 posts
    July 25, 2011 4:05 AM PDT
    If she's attacking your family others will see it for what it is...a ploy to get you to stoop to her level and keep the fight going. My advice would be to simply say "i'm sorry you are having issues, you need to speak with god and deal with it" then walk away and never speak to her again..it will make you the better woman, in others eyes as well as your own piece of mind. people only bring other family into the fight as a way to provoke, and as good people (which i know you are) we must refrain from falling for this trick...you are better than her already, and a simple statement to her is all that's needed....all that know you will understand, all that don't will form their own opinion and are not to be worried over.This will come back to bite her in the arse....it always does!
    So very very true, and I as well as my sister intimated to her that she needed a God hug, but that really made her mad, and she started in on my "christianity".  This woman isn't worth my time, and as of this writing, I have blocked her from my "friends list", I have deleted her from my phone, and more importantly, my life.  I have also prayed for her and her family, because she obviously has issue's in her life that need divine intersession!
    I really appreciate your thoughts, though!!!  We all need to be encouraged by our true friends.  We can lift each other up, each one for the other!
    Love you, Lola             Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1780 posts
    July 25, 2011 4:30 AM PDT
    Well Tweek you said you were friends with her once .........You know what ...You can polish a turd, but it's still a TURD. Forget the dumb bitch ever existed, and hang with your CF Friends.
    • 395 posts
    July 26, 2011 2:27 AM PDT
    love you too.......you are a good woman, never believe anything to the contrary.
    • 1364 posts
    July 26, 2011 2:47 AM PDT
    Life is too short to have to deal with DRAMA............... Consider the source, She is not a friend. Let it go. Forget shes even excists. The people that know you know the truth. Move on and enjoy life.
    • 9 posts
    July 26, 2011 5:33 AM PDT

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Hell, I'll scream it from the rafters...CYCLEFISH PEOPLE ROCK!!!  

See?  That's why I bring some of my "stuff" here.  I always get encouragement, instead of "discouragement"!  Ya'll know just what to say, and better, ya'll know, what I need to hear!  Suhweeeeeeeet!                                                    

And keep them fingers and toes, and whatever else feels right to ya, crossed!  We're on the count-down clock as of this moment, and there are some sweet sounding pipes that will echo, when the clock gets to zero!!!

RIDE FREE

TWEEK

P.S. I had to make it BIGGER, ya'll just make me SMILE!

• 9 posts
    July 26, 2011 9:21 PM PDT
    I always say, Why have a war of wits with an unarmed fool? Just grin!
    • 58 posts
    July 27, 2011 2:45 AM PDT
    Tweek, You Rock! And don't let anyone EVER tell you otherwise, or at least don't listen when they try. Am counting down with you on those sweet pipes. HUGZ!