Got me thinkin'--Global Day of Prayer Sat. June 11, 2011

• 9 posts
    June 9, 2011 2:53 PM PDT

Racingaround's post got me to thinking about an event, based here in Jacksonville, Florida.  Join me and the world as we celebrate A GLOBAL DAY OF PRAYER. This Saturday, June 11, 2011. It's being held here on the First Coast, at the Veterans Memorial Stadium, and is being simulcast by www.godtv.com. ; The broadcast begins at 4:30PM EST. The World joins in at 6:00PM.  If you would like more info, check out the facebook page Global Day of Prayer, or go to www.godtv.com  

With things like our kids dying overseas, veterans funerals being desecrated, people losing their jobs, homes, and marriages, the sorry assed state of the economy in general, gas prices, food prices, and just a general shortage of human compassion for one another, I think it would be more than appropriate, for all of us, to say a little prayer.  Even if you are not particularly a religious person, one little prayer isn't asking too much, is it???

This is an opportunity for all of us, to come together as one.  The WORLD. And maybe, just maybe...something more will come out it.  Maybe we'll all see, that we're really not all that different from one another. 

Ride Free

Tweek

• 114 posts
    June 9, 2011 11:28 PM PDT
    and all God's children said.... Amen!

He and I have one-sided conversations often, but not near as often as I need to.... I will work on that!

Thanks Tweek!
    • 2 posts
    June 14, 2011 1:37 AM PDT
    Consider it done - What we are doing sure isn't working