1st Long Ride of the Year

• 2 posts
    June 1, 2011 3:15 AM PDT
     I will be taking my first long distance ride of the year. Northern New Jersey to central Virginia. I plan on splitting interstate with back roads pretty evenly with a stop in Gettysburg, Pa on the way. I'll spend the weekend in central Virginia, attending my brother-in-laws wedding and exploring central Va. I' ll ride back on mostly back roads through Va and then the interstates the rest of the way back. I can;'t wait to get going!
    • 1364 posts
    June 1, 2011 3:23 AM PDT
    Sounds like a blast, Make sure to take photos and share your ride with us. Be safe and have fun
  • June 1, 2011 3:35 AM PDT
    Sounds nice. Virginia is a beautiful state, I lived in Fredericksburg for a couple of years. Good thought on taking mainly back roads through VA, 95 can get nasty. Just a empty pack of cigarettes on the side of the road will cause traffic to back up.
    Ride safe and enjoy!
    • 2 posts
    June 1, 2011 8:25 AM PDT
    @ highrisk, I'll be sure to take pictures and I'll try to post them. I tried o load pics from my last road trip but, I couldn't get them to load. I think the resolution was too high. I'll load these ones to my comp at lower resolution and hope that works.

@ StreetBobGirl, I ain't touching 95. I can't stand that route. I'll be taking 78 to 81 with detours through Pa and Maryland on the way down. On the way back I'll detour through Va and WV meeting back with 81 in Pa

• 2 posts
    June 8, 2011 3:53 PM PDT
     Overall a good trip. The weather was great and I clocked over 1000 miles on the OD. My camera crapped out about halfway through the trip but, I was able to get a few pics. Here is a link to the pics if anyone is interested. www.cyclefish.com/StBobber/albums/4083