So, I had this really great week of riding.

• May 29, 2011 2:00 PM PDT
    Last Sunday:  I take the bike for a spin after getting home from a weekend out of town.  South of a little town called Aurora, I see a bunch of crud in the road ahead.  "Dirt?" I ask myself as I approach.  Wrong.  Manure off the farm field along the road.  I find myself literally riding through shit.  Welcome to America's Dairyland.

Wednesday: Riding near the exact same place (you might think I would learn my lesson, but you would be wrong), I encounter a farmer waving at me.  Oh, that's nice, I think.  But as I get a little closer, I see he is waving with both hands.  "That looks more like a warning-sort of wave", I think to myself.  Then I see the horse that got out of the pasture, walking on the shoulder of the road, rope dragging along in the dirt.  MUST... GET... BY... HORSE.  Never been so happy to see something in the rear-view mirror.

A mile down the road, I see a little kid playing alongside the road with her dog.  At this point, I am wary of people standing along the side of the road, so I ease off the throttle.  Good call.  Said child is throwing rocks across the road (in front of Yours Truly), which said dog is chasing.  I avoid hitting the dog, or getting hit by rocks.  Once again, happy to see things behind me instead of in front of me.

Today: hail.  'Nuff said.

I might actually look forward to going to work again on Tuesday.
    • 5420 posts
    May 29, 2011 2:06 PM PDT
    Ok, if we ever go riding - I'M PICKING THE ROUTE!!!!!
    • 9 posts
    May 29, 2011 2:52 PM PDT
    Jeebus, sounds like your week was worse than mine...but at least you were riding, huh? So spray the poop off and try it again this weekend. Into every ride, a little poop must fall. And since you already got your poop, you should be all set! RIDE POOP FREE
    Tweek
    • 19067 posts
    May 29, 2011 3:22 PM PDT
    Yeah What Lucky said, we ain't gonna let you Road Captain...
  • May 29, 2011 3:24 PM PDT
    All kiddin aside, dont underestimate how slick manure is. That shit'll put ya down.

jb
  • May 29, 2011 4:33 PM PDT
    Reminds me of the time my bro got way too close to the live cattle hauler and all the bown liquified stuff that comes out the back of the trailor, You can pretty much picture my bro's looks. I, uh, stayed way back until I could safely pass.My bro did look pretty shitty after that, but hell, he never did look real good.
  • May 29, 2011 11:28 PM PDT
    Let me know if you plan on having a poker run i think i will come out for that one. ( but will bring a dirt bike )
    • 567 posts
    May 30, 2011 2:33 AM PDT
    jbasile wrote...
    All kiddin aside, dont underestimate how slick manure is. That shit'll put ya down.

jb
    I've heard that some folks call that "green ice".  *laffin*