Indy 500 Finish

• 5420 posts
    May 29, 2011 7:24 AM PDT
    I am not really an open wheel race fan but I always watch the Indy 500.

If you didn't watch it, you have got to watch this ending...

• May 29, 2011 10:08 AM PDT
    You won't believe the finish suggest you have someone find it for you and start the tape. It was cool I ain't giving up that finish
  • May 29, 2011 4:25 PM PDT
    Two races today, two problems on the last turn mixing everything up,
    • 16870 posts
    May 29, 2011 5:07 PM PDT
    JDub54 wrote...

I thought when Jr. ran out of gas my guy Hamlin was golden, until he ran out of gas.

• 5420 posts
    May 29, 2011 5:47 PM PDT
    Really, two BIG races in the same day that were not only lost in the last turn,
    but in both cases it was the National Guard car...

• 5420 posts
    May 29, 2011 5:59 PM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    JDub54 wrote...

I thought when Jr. ran out of gas my guy Hamlin was golden, until he ran out of gas.

Yeah John, I saw that in your photo album earlier today and remebered it when they said Hammlin was closing, and then ...

• May 29, 2011 11:21 PM PDT
    Watched the end of both races boy that was some suprise. Felt sorry for Jr. he needs a win
    • 119 posts
    May 30, 2011 1:06 AM PDT
    Lucky, if you ever can make it to the Indy 500, do...  You will really see how slow nascar is.  I'm a open wheel fan
    • 5420 posts
    May 30, 2011 2:18 AM PDT
    Yeah webby, that was a tough one for JR... it's been a while for him and I'm sure he thought he had that one!

Krum, I would love to see the Indy 500 in person one day. Have seen a bunch of NASCAR (Daytona, Cal Speedway & Las Vegas Speedway), and I have seen the Long Beach Grand Prix a few times - but the Indy 500 is on my bucket list!
    • 567 posts
    May 30, 2011 2:25 AM PDT
    That poor kid Hildenbrand. They're gonna show that last turn crash clip at every Indy race for years to come. He's the new "agony of defeat".
    • 16870 posts
    May 30, 2011 5:28 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    JDub54 wrote...

Yeah John, I saw that in your photo album earlier today and remebered it when they said Hammlin was closing, and then ...

I can't really complain, Hamlin was down on power most of the race, they changed a carburator in the pits, he ran out of gas and still finnished 10th.

• 844 posts
    May 30, 2011 5:38 AM PDT
    Now that is an amazing pit crew... they changed a carb in the pit, he didn't even go down a lap and then still came back to push the leader on the final lap.

Takes me all day and a 12-pack to change a carb!!!
    • 16870 posts
    May 30, 2011 5:42 AM PDT
    Krum wrote...
    Lucky, if you ever can make it to the Indy 500, do...  You will really see how slow nascar is.  I'm a open wheel fan

Apples and oranges my friend  there is a long line of Indy car drivers that have tried NASCAR and couldn't make it..
    If we are to compare one santioning body to another the salt flats is the king of speed.
    I apriciate all forms of motor sports for their merits. I have only dabbled in drag racing myself, I'd love to try the Baja.

• 119 posts
    May 30, 2011 9:41 AM PDT
    Lucky, if you ever get the chance to go to the Indy 500 ... go. that was on my bucket list.
    I would love to go the the salt flats.
    I said I was sorry Rev lol
    • 0 posts
    May 30, 2011 9:50 AM PDT
    Our Aussie boy Will Power( real name) went alright too..He's a bloody good young bloke who drives touring cars here..CHEERS BOOF
    • 16870 posts
    May 30, 2011 2:34 PM PDT
    Krum wrote...
    Lucky, if you ever get the chance to go to the Indy 500 ... go. that was on my bucket list.
    I would love to go the the salt flats.
    I said I was sorry Rev lol

I know, I'm just an old motorhead that likes automotive speed adding to the conversation.
    I spend non rainy friday nights at one of the local dirt track.
    They keep saying stock car racing is a Southern thing, If we got more North we'd be in Lake Erie, we have 3 local dirt tracks and one paved track NASCAR santioned.

• 16870 posts
    May 30, 2011 2:39 PM PDT
    GoFur wrote...
    Now that is an amazing pit crew... they changed a carb in the pit, he didn't even go down a lap and then still came back to push the leader on the final lap.

They did win the pit crew challenge 2 years straight.
    Next year they should add a carb change to the deal.

• May 30, 2011 3:27 PM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    GoFur wrote...

That would be cool but i think they are going to "Fuel Injection"  Don't know if it will be Direct, Port or TBI.  It is being tested now...

• 16870 posts
    May 30, 2011 4:18 PM PDT
    hgsc90 wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

That would be cool but i think they are going to "Fuel Injection"  Don't know if it will be Direct, Port or TBI.  It is being tested now...

That's going to bugger up things, now with Ford's FR9 engine working everybody is pretty even as far as horsrpower goes.

• 119 posts
    June 4, 2011 7:53 AM PDT
    As I was working across the street from Kansas Speedway this morning. I thought about this forum, as the plane flew over,and the engines started, the smell of fuel and rubber. It don't matter what your cup of tea is. it's all cool.
  • June 4, 2011 8:22 AM PDT
    The Sprint cup NASCAR cars will be testing Throttle Body Fuel Injection in July in Kentuckey. I believe that Holley will be supplying the TBI units with electronic ignition and fuel controls. Will be courious to see who and how program adjustments will control fuel and HP. O2 sencers will also be used.. May not have to use " PLATES " as from my past experiance is you have to balance O2 and air to run. ???