Have At It Boys - Richmond

• 5420 posts
    April 30, 2011 3:52 PM PDT
    Anyone just watch that Saturday Night NASCAR race in Richmond.  After being told by NASCAR last year to "Have at it boys" Newman and Montoya did just that tonight.  After Newman clipped the back of Montoya in what looked like just good ol' hard racing, Montoya came back with an intentional take out of Newman just a few laps later.

I'm all for good hard racing and I like NASCAR letting them have at it, but I think that some action needs to be taken by NASCAR in this case.  It's one thing to race aggressively and if contact happens while you are pushing it, that's great...and thats racing - but intentionally take someone out for no other purpose other than revenge... that aint racing!

What do you think?

• 5420 posts
    April 30, 2011 3:54 PM PDT
    Oh yeah - Kyle Bush wound up winning with Denny Hamlin in second - another Joe Gibbs team 1st & 2nd
  • April 30, 2011 4:39 PM PDT
    Fun race to watch. a little bumping is cool, but intentionally putting another car in the wall, we don't need temper tantrums boys.
    • 844 posts
    April 30, 2011 5:23 PM PDT
    Yep, think its great they let 'em have at it and race aggressively.  But agree with both of you that you can't intentionally put someone in the wall.  Too many other people get hurt too.

Boys Have At It!!!

• 16870 posts
    April 30, 2011 6:50 PM PDT
    Go Denny Hamlin!
    Thursday 1st late model race,
    Friday 1st Nationwide race,
    Saturday 2nd Cup race.
    • 567 posts
    May 1, 2011 3:56 AM PDT
    After the race, it kinda looked like Ryan Newman was hunting for Juan Pablo. And, then they showed a quick shot of JPM jumping onto a golf cart to boogie outta there.
    I wonder if Newman finally caught up to him?
    • 16870 posts
    May 1, 2011 5:08 AM PDT
    SolarBill wrote...
    After the race, it kinda looked like Ryan Newman was hunting for Juan Pablo. And, then they showed a quick shot of JPM jumping onto a golf cart to boogie outta there.
    I wonder if Newman finally caught up to him?

Juan Pablo Montoya is always a wreak waiting to happen, the only race he ever won he wreaked his then teammate Marcus Ambrose to do it.

• 202 posts
    May 1, 2011 4:28 PM PDT
    i love watching the races (live), but i don't follow it.