Gonna scratch a couple off the Bucket List ...

• 567 posts
    April 30, 2011 12:59 PM PDT
    This September, my brother and I are looking to ride (or transport) our bikes up to Pennsylvania and then ride the Blue Ridge Parkway from the northern end to the southern end.
    That's one of our Bucket List ideas. The other is that we're hoping that all this works out so that when we get to the end of the BRP, we'll make it over to Chattanooga and meet up with all those riders who are making the Trail Of Tears Memorial Ride. We'll ride with that 150,000 bikes the 200 miles over to Florence AL where the Trail of Tears Pow Wow is gonna be held.
    It should make for a most interesting trip.
    But I was wondering if any of my fellow CFers had any hints or bits of wisdom on things we should be looking for and/or planning on ? Anyone else considering making the Trail of Tears Ride ?

• April 30, 2011 4:45 PM PDT
    Good for you ticking something off the bucket list! I am way far away from making that trip myself so take some pic for the rest of us to see!Ride safe:-)
    • 567 posts
    August 10, 2011 1:15 PM PDT
    Well, the big trip is just a month away and I'm still looking for some hints/tips on anything that would make the trip more enjoyable and memorable. Anyone got any ideas ?
    • 2072 posts
    August 10, 2011 2:22 PM PDT
    Take a BIG bucket of "Have a good time" !!!!!!
    • 567 posts
    August 11, 2011 6:43 AM PDT
    Seahorse .. those are good sites. But what I'm looking for would be things like good side trips .. or, are the NPS cabins the way to go over a motel or a B&B .. good eatin spots? That sorta thing. Are there any CF members living in the BRP area?
    • 844 posts
    August 11, 2011 8:59 AM PDT
    sounds like a good trip there Bill. Still got a bunch on my bucket list... better not wait too long as many people do.
    • 567 posts
    August 12, 2011 12:24 PM PDT
    GoFur wrote...
    sounds like a good trip there Bill. Still got a bunch on my bucket list... better not wait too long as many people do.
    I know what ya mean. There are more years behind me than there are ahead of me.
    Sturgis is this week. But that's a little further down the Bucket List. Ahead of it are trips & events like Rolling Thunder, Americade, touring the Rocky Mountain area and the Northwest.
    But first, I got this to scratch off the list.