Sunday mornin

• April 10, 2011 2:53 AM PDT
    . ......mornin. ..from deep in the woods of Northern Michigan. ...hope ya,ll slept well. ....yesterday was sunny and in the 60,s....got off to a real late start due to some water heater issues...but we fixed it ourselve for about 11 bucks.....we did get some wind though....first real ride of the season...and although it was short...it was oh so fine. You see ...you can ride out of our tiny town in any ol direction and in the blink of an eye....you are in the deep woods....so I took Chili for one of our favorite ..local rides...the one we take when we just need to get some wind in our face.... took it on down to the flashing light down by the high school...hung a right....banged three gears....and before you could say...I dont see any cops.....we were headin down the road at a comfortable 90 mph...
    ....and as we dissapeared deeper into the woods, Chili leaned forward and whipsered in my ear....thank you....that woman...shes something else.

....so we did the back roads for a bit...past the State Park...out into the open country side...through a couple tiny towns....ended it with a few good twisties...then back into town and a stop at the local super market where we got some "supplies" and headed back to the house...I got the fire pit set up in the back yard and fueled up the Tiki Torch...and put a six pack of Killians Red in the freezer..set the timer for 17 minutes....got the fire nice and roaring...and we had us a little weinie roast ..washing em down with Ice Friggin Cold Killians.....spent the evening just sitting in the back yard relaxing infront of a nice fire and dreaming of rides we wanna do this summer.......great way to end the day...

.....woke up around 3 am and it was raining and lighting....first time we got rain instead of snow since last November....it truly must be spring....got up this morning and put on Dan Akaroyds ...Chicago House of Blues Radio Hour...made some coffee...and peered out the back door...still raining, but I dont mind...we need at least one good rain to wash the insane amount of salt they put on the roads up here.....I got Russ Albums Wax Museum on the radio right now....gonna make my Chili Gurl some of my cranberry pecan waffles and maple sausage links...fresh hot coffee...seems like a good way to start a rainy Sunday...

...thought Id leave you with a little music here...Walter Trout...he,s a jersey boy too...so you can understand if Im a little partial to him....cut him some slack as he,s still learning that guitar of his...

....Oh....one more thing before I go...heard on the local news last night....guy from right here in town went down yesterday on his bike after hitting a deer....took him to the local hospital...but seems he,s pretty bad off, so they choppered him off down state to the big city.....seems he was riding the same dang road we were...just 3 hours earlier....and met that deer in the same twisties we were enjoying a few hours later...always seemes to me that eary in the season and when folks are wanting to get that last sweet ride in before the snows fall....some of have some really bad luck.....so be careful out there boys and girls....come home safe to your loved ones....

.....enjoy the day ..  
    • 114 posts
    April 10, 2011 3:15 AM PDT
    Sweet.... glad y'all were finally able to get a nice ride. Know exactly what you mean about the deer... Saw several on my night ride Wed nite....
    Ride safe,
    Carrie
    • 86 posts
    April 10, 2011 4:09 AM PDT
    Sounds like you had a great day. Today my wife and I are going to ride into Stockton to visit my daughter ,her hubby and our five year old grandson. My daughters hubby is a long haul trucker and is in town this week so it will be a fun visit.
  • April 10, 2011 5:07 AM PDT
    Thanks for the ride. Couldn't get out yesterday, and today its raining like a cow P'ing on a flat rock.
    • 1516 posts
    April 10, 2011 5:49 AM PDT
    Wonder what he will do when he really learns that guitar of his?!Loved your story of your day, sounds like a perfect day for you.
    • 9 posts
    April 10, 2011 7:06 AM PDT
    Gosh, you made it sound biblical. And I just love the way you talk about your lady. Most people envy our lifestyle. You want to know what I envy? The way, only someone of great heart, can sit down and put it all into words, for everyone else to enjoy, and be humbled by it.
  • April 10, 2011 7:13 AM PDT
    Thanks for sharing your day...sounds perfect! Watch out for the darn deer...they always come in pairs lol!
    • 0 posts
    April 10, 2011 8:33 AM PDT
    Sounds like a bloody ripper day mate..we rode yesti to but was as "biblical" as yours.I had a bloody big satdy night and was rather green to say the least..Lets just say noone was riding behind me after i had my first breakfast beer...CHEERS BOOF
  • April 11, 2011 1:22 PM PDT
    ...wow tweek. ...dont know what to say to that....far as my lady. ..man and woman meet.... their hearts become one....as does their soul....as do they.....as it should be.......

....as for my writing....been doing it for years....have had some complements along the way......but none like yours.....what can I say. ....thank you very much.......had a few stories published in a motorcycle rag.....trying to turn it into a paying gig....I currently post to a couple different boards....mostly stories of our adventures on the road....one had over 120 pictures in it....still getting used to this venue....and I dont know if my detailed stories would be welcome here....dont want to break any rules..

...hope spring is making your world a better place, as it is mine...

......take care

~ David
  • April 11, 2011 1:31 PM PDT
    ...it was a ripper of a  day Boof. ...but that came later on in the afternoon .....I,ll post a few pics tomorrow.....far as...Biblical....not to worry....Im sure the good Lord has set a side some "time" ...so you and he can get to know each other on a....face to face basis. ....but not before its your time ofcourse....I sure Heaven will need "Advance Notice". ...when it comes to your turn !  
    • 114 posts
    April 12, 2011 10:59 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Gosh, you made it sound biblical. And I just love the way you talk about your lady. Most people envy our lifestyle. You want to know what I envy? The way, only someone of great heart, can sit down and put it all into words, for everyone else to enjoy, and be humbled by it.

What she said......  Glad you're willing to share with us.... Write all you want to and we'll keep reading..... Wish I could put it into words like you do.  Thank you.....
    Ride safe.....