Relocation

• 202 posts
    March 18, 2011 2:44 AM PDT
    Winds are changing, and so am I.  time to move on.  Where?  Where-ever. 

I am looking for a place to rent that accepts dogs.  Know of a house/apartment/mobile home... send me a link. 

Staying in the US for now!  lol.
  • March 18, 2011 3:52 AM PDT
    Come out to So. California and ride year round with the rest of us that moved from the east coast.
    • 16870 posts
    March 18, 2011 5:18 AM PDT
    North - West Pennsylvania has the crappiest weather on Earth most of time.
    Us natives have learned to work around it, but we don't recommend living here to anyone.
    • 86 posts
    March 18, 2011 5:46 AM PDT
    I'm in central . Weather is nice most of the year. Plenty of rentals too.
    • 9 posts
    March 19, 2011 5:15 AM PDT
    There are plenty of places on the beach that rent to animal lovers of all kinds, and the rents are pretty reasonable on Jax Beach, especially. Lots of dog owners, (a lot of pit-bulls). Seems to be the breed of choice in this area. Not my favorite, but to each his own. We have a rotti, and a shepard/bull mix. Both are huge babies. Hard to walk both at the same time...Ride Free
    Tweek
  • March 19, 2011 10:12 AM PDT
    The Pacific NW is quite wet, quite often.
    • 58 posts
    March 19, 2011 10:48 AM PDT
    I recommend Texas. Nice country, friendly folks, good roads, any terrain you can think of except the high mountains (and they aren't far away). Not more than 2 days ride to anyplace in the country, well, maybe 3. Did I mention the friendly folks? Yeah, people like Badinfluence, NightDragon just to name a couple.
    • 202 posts
    March 21, 2011 3:24 PM PDT
    West has always had my heart! Yeah to Texas. What's a good area for dog friendly rentals so i can look them up online.
    • 202 posts
    March 21, 2011 3:27 PM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    There are plenty of places on the beach that rent to animal lovers of all kinds, and the rents are pretty reasonable on Jax Beach, especially. Lots of dog owners, (a lot of pit-bulls). Seems to be the breed of choice in this area. Not my favorite, but to each his own. We have a rotti, and a shepard/bull mix. Both are huge babies. Hard to walk both at the same time...Ride Free
    Tweek

love rotties...  i have three shepherds.  I could get away with saying i have two dogs as two of them are the same color!  lol.

I am not much of a beach person, like the woods and country. 
  • March 22, 2011 8:21 AM PDT
    I'm in Portland OR...or better known as hippieville....we are n hour from the coast n hour from Mt Hood wilderness n we ride 85% of the year dry...

dogs welcome!
    • 58 posts
    March 22, 2011 11:47 AM PDT
    LaPhoenix wrote...
    West has always had my heart! Yeah to Texas. What's a good area for dog friendly rentals so i can look them up online. 

Most anyplace can be good.  I would probably stay away from the larger cities:  Dallas, Ft Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio.  Just my humble opinion.

• 202 posts
    March 23, 2011 9:22 AM PDT
    RandyJoe wrote...
    I'm in Portland OR...or better known as hippieville....we are n hour from the coast n hour from Mt Hood wilderness n we ride 85% of the year dry...

dogs welcome!

Wow, that sounds like my kind of area!  hippieville, riding weather and dogs!  woo hoo.  Sign me up!   I'm going online for rentals now!  lol
    • 9 posts
    March 28, 2011 11:51 AM PDT
    LaPhoenix wrote...
    Tweek wrote...
    Tweek

love rotties...  i have three shepherds.  I could get away with saying i have two dogs as two of them are the same color!  lol.

I am not much of a beach person, like the woods and country. 

There is a lot of wooded area all around J'Ville. However, I'm afraid it would be off the beaten path, and I've no clue what the rents would be like. I'll do some checking with a realtor friend, and get back to you. The (almost) year round riding is worth looking into it for....just sayin'.  Ride Free

Tweek