Get Yer Motor Runnin'

• 202 posts
    March 15, 2011 5:49 AM PDT
    I stored my bike in a COLD garage this winter.  Went a couple of times and tried to start her, but she wouldn't kick in.  Battery is strong, she sure tried!  

Sunday afternoon i went over with a bottle of gas treatment.  She fired up!  I knew she wanted to!  lol. 

Took her for a quick spin just to run some gas through... Now i am WICKED ANSY!   Friday is suppose to be 60 degrees, but who believes the weatherman!   Can't wait to get out and get some wind... been a LONG winter...

• 1066 posts
    March 15, 2011 7:46 AM PDT
    LaPhoenix, when you store your ride for the winter, fill the tank first. With a full tank of gas, add the proper amount of Stabil gas treatment. It keeps the condensation down, and keeps inside of tank from rusting.
  • March 15, 2011 8:41 AM PDT
    LA Still some snow here plus I have a long driveway and that is going to be mud for sometime then when it dries up some mine comes out of the garage.(can't wait)
  • March 16, 2011 12:22 AM PDT
    Little bit of a roller coaster here...typical NC spring. 80 deg one day, the next cold and windy, then warm again, then cold AND rainy the next. Sure am glad it dosen't last that long. Sure wish it would hurry up tho.
    • 580 posts
    March 16, 2011 3:17 AM PDT
    I've managed a few ride outs since January totalling around 700 miles. It's the first time in my 13 years of riding (3 as a learner) that I've had my bike out during the winter.. Forecast here is cold (around 8 degrees C) and sunny for the weekend so guess that 700 miles will increase even more lol
    • 58 posts
    March 16, 2011 3:29 AM PDT
    I manage to get in a ride every time I was home this winter, 100 - 300 per weekend = 400 - 600 per month. It did get bit chilly once or twice though!
    • 3006 posts
    March 16, 2011 6:10 AM PDT
    Hope ya git some decent riding weather sooner !!! rather than later,not being able to ride is no fun.Its been really rainy this spring out here,not much riding here myself.
    • 9 posts
    March 16, 2011 4:04 PM PDT
    Yea, see, that's why I moved to Florida--permanently! How well I remember the crazy-jonesing days! It's been cold here too, but at least we can bundle and ride. Up there, it's hurry up and wait...and wait...and wait, some more! Times-a-wasting. Get your frozen backside to the SOUTH. You'll like it, alot of Northerners now call this HOME! Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1161 posts
    March 16, 2011 4:21 PM PDT
    Yep I have been thinking of staying here in the south for that reason Tweek!
    Just need a bike still tho.
    • 202 posts
    March 18, 2011 2:39 AM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Yea, see, that's why I moved to Florida--permanently! How well I remember the crazy-jonesing days! It's been cold here too, but at least we can bundle and ride. Up there, it's hurry up and wait...and wait...and wait, some more! Times-a-wasting. Get your frozen backside to the SOUTH. You'll like it, alot of Northerners now call this HOME! Ride Free
    Tweek

i am relocating this year... been looking in Florida.   If you know of any houses / mobile homes for rent... let me know!  please! 
  • March 18, 2011 3:39 AM PDT
    I agree with Tweek - get outa the frozen North - the OK panhandle gets cold - but you can ride every month of the year. Great way to not have to put stabil in the gas tank!
    • 202 posts
    March 21, 2011 3:28 PM PDT
    we had slushy snow today!
  • March 21, 2011 3:35 PM PDT
    I got to go out for a joyride yesterday. It was awesome, Rain today, March in the NW, wait 5 minutes the weather'll change.
    • 202 posts
    March 23, 2011 9:20 AM PDT
    yeah, it is snowing tonight! BOOOOO