Already thinkin' about Sturgis!

• 9 posts
    March 12, 2011 12:06 PM PST

Geez, Bike Week isn't even officially over, and I'm already thinkin' about Sturgis. I don't even know if it's a possibility this year.  But I know there's no harm in daydreaming.  That's the thing, we all need things in our lives to look forward to. And planning a ride is always a good one.  I'm all over the run I'm planning for 2012. But for the most part, I have time yet on that one. Most of the venues won't let me book this far in advance. But Sturgis, is only 5 months away, and anyone planning on attending, should already be well into their respective itinerary's. I don't know about anyone else, but I've got ride fever. It's all I think about when I'm working, it's all I dream about, it's everything. Am I the only one? Either that, or it's official, and I've finally done lost my mind...it was inevitable. LMFAO

RIDE FREE
    Tweek

• 1516 posts
    March 12, 2011 1:48 PM PST
    Well Girl, I don't think you are the only one. I know I am ready for the nice weather and friends.. Sturis or bust.. well actually it is more like I am already bust and now I have to figure out how to get to Sturgis!
    • 1364 posts
    March 13, 2011 4:09 AM PDT
    debrajo62 wrote...
    Well Girl, I don't think you are the only one. I know I am ready for the nice weather and friends.. Sturis or bust.. well actually it is more like I am already bust and now I have to figure out how to get to Sturgis!

You said "BUST"   

• 0 posts
    March 13, 2011 9:01 AM PDT
    I dont care if i gotta sell a kidney..Were gonna bloody get there somehow...
    • 58 posts
    March 13, 2011 11:08 AM PDT
    No Sturgis but just had one of my big to-do's for the year. My wife of 30 years rode with me for the first time. It started as a short 10 mile round trip but when I ask if she wanted off, she said to keep on. We ended up doing 90 miles over the course of the afternoon around her surprise B-day party, supper with the kids and visiting at my parents.
    • 1364 posts
    March 13, 2011 12:27 PM PDT
    Right on RufCut, Very cool
    • 9 posts
    March 14, 2011 8:46 AM PDT
    Wow, so sweet. After 30 years, and probably no kids left in your home, she's ready to hit the road. I hope you two start making all kinds of new memories together!
    RIDE FREE /Ride Together..
    Tweek.
  • March 14, 2011 10:02 AM PDT
    We ride to Sturgis every third year and this is our year, but unlike most people me and the mrs. don't like to make alot of plans about rides because we have always found that it was alot more interesting to just stop where we wanted and take whatever route to South Dakota we wanted. The group we ride with usually just plan a day to meet in Sturgis and we camp and ride together for the rest of the week. This way were not tied to anyone else's schedule and we can all take different routes their if we want. With us it's not about being in Sturgis so much as it is the ride to and from Sturgis. I guess were different than most but that works for us so we go with it!
    • 58 posts
    March 14, 2011 5:01 PM PDT
    Tweek wrote...
    Wow, so sweet. After 30 years, and probably no kids left in your home, she's ready to hit the road. I hope you two start making all kinds of new memories together!
    Tweek.

We do have the oldest and his wife with us temporarily.  He is  just out of the Air Force and now in college.  Only they can't afford the house payments in NM and rent in TX at same time.  Trying to sell house in NM.  Until then, they are with us.

• 9 posts
    March 15, 2011 9:27 AM PDT

RufCut wrote...

Tweek wrote...
    Tweek.

We do have the oldest and his wife with us temporarily.  He is  just out of the Air Force and now in college.  Only they can't afford the house payments in NM and rent in TX at same time.  Trying to sell house in NM.  Until then, they are with us.
    Yes, but they can stay home and take care of the place, when ya'll get that "gotta ride" itch. That's the beauty of being a little older.  SO ARE THE KIDS!
    Don't have the tied down blues, anymore!  When mine left for college last year, I cried cause I'll miss him terribly. On the other hand, much like that commercial they play every fall, ya know the one where the kids are getting on the bus, and the parents are "WOO-HOOing and high fivin'. YEA, like that, only when they go to college, the bus is usually a one-way ride. L'ingMAO and WOO-HOOing!!!
    RIDE FREE--without worries!
    Tweek

• April 17, 2011 5:46 AM PDT
    Wife and I are headed out to Sturgis this year...Sturgis virgins. We have heard that the riding is the best on Earth. Through a kick ass party along with that and it sounds like we are gonna have the time of our lives.