A few hours, and a sunburn....

• 9 posts
    March 9, 2011 11:58 AM PST

I don't mind. The wind, the sunburn, the outrageous gas prices. Whatever, for a few hours in Daytona, I'd put up with a helluva lot more than that. And the ride down and back was great, more bikes, than cars on the road. Seems like everyone was day-tripping today. Got to eat lunch with some old club members, got to walk down Main and check out the bikes. All in all, I'd have to say, this was an awesome day! I didn't want to leave, I wanted to just say screw it, the business will wait. But that was the old me. The hard partying, devil-may-care, go where the wind takes me, me. But, and here's the best part, I could've done that, but I now "feel" more responsible. Like there are more important things going, than just what "I" want to do. I had fun, and I wanna try and get back down by the weekend, but if it doesn't work out, I'm satisfied. I think I have finally started to "grow up".  Sweet, considering my age. But then again, I've always been a toys r us kid, and a big part of me will fight maturation, with every fiber of my being. Afterall, if I grow up to much, I might not want to ride anymore...

Naaaaahhhhh!!!   RIDE FREE all the way to Daytona and back, and have a blast, ya'll

Tweek

• 1516 posts
    March 9, 2011 12:28 PM PST
    Glad you had a good time.. and feel so good about coming home.. I wanted to not bother to come home today too!! Life is good!!
    • 58 posts
    March 9, 2011 3:22 PM PST
    Me, on the other hand, I can't wait to get home!! Glad you had a good time and don't ever grow up!
    • 16870 posts
    March 9, 2011 5:55 PM PST
    I'm glad to see it's nice riding weather for Bike Week.
    I've been checking out photos folks have posted.
    Hope it'd nice in Gainsville this weekend for the drag race.
    Of course up here along Lake Erie it's been raining hard with 50 mph wind gusts.
    They say we could get up to a foot of "wet snow" in the next couple of days, I've never seen dry snow ;-).