40 yrs

• March 8, 2011 9:16 AM PST
    40 years ago today Smoking Joe and Ali went at it what a fight that was.
    • 5420 posts
    March 8, 2011 9:45 AM PST
    Yeah it was...

And thanks because I almost forgot I was OLD!!!
  • March 8, 2011 10:43 AM PST
    Sorry Lucky I was 29
  • March 8, 2011 11:02 AM PST

• 5420 posts
    March 8, 2011 12:08 PM PST
    Wow, thanks Jeff... I almost forgot what real boxing looked like!!!
  • March 8, 2011 12:36 PM PST
    Your Welcome, Yip... No fireworks exploding and no Rap or Hip Hop music................. Just good old get down to it boxing.
    • 0 posts
    March 8, 2011 7:21 PM PST
    Lucky you need to come down the pub with me for friday night fights.Cant promise its gonna be as pretty as clay but shit it'll be a bloody rippa fight....CHEERS BOOF
  • March 9, 2011 9:20 PM PST
    It's a shame they all got greedy and destroyed boxing with all the outragious purses and more importantly pay per view showing of all the big fights. I remember watching alot of Ali's fights when i was younger with my dad. He hated Muhammad Ali and always rooted for the other fighter no matter who it was, so i naturally loved Ali and all his antics. There will never be another time in boxing with such great heavyweights in my opinion.
    • 1066 posts
    March 10, 2011 3:12 PM PST
    I got to agree with Wheels. That was real boxing, and ya got to admit, Ali was the "Champ".

• March 10, 2011 11:32 PM PST
    Must be an old guy thing but as a young boy in ohio I saw several of Cassius Clays first fights. He could throw a punch and "touch" your nose before a block could be started and that was "Just a FEATHER touch"....He had the right to be able to boast but other than in front of the news he was actually a quiet young man.