Motorcycle Show - Springfield

• 202 posts
    January 22, 2011 7:18 AM PST
    I have been debating on going to the Motorcycle Show tomorrow in West Springfield (Big E).  Mostly, i am reluctant because of the expected cold.  You see, the incredible planning of the Eastern States Exposition (where the event is held) is that you have to park your car, then go to the ticket booth which is outside!  Stand in line to get your ticket, then go inside! 

I have never been when there wasn't a BIG OL' line to get a ticket! 

But, i know i need my winter fix... bikers, bikes, old bikes, new bikes, custom bikes... and a live band.   Ok, never mind.  I'm going! 

I'll just sneak in a flask of Red Stag to warm my bones once inside... they do sell beer and whiskey, but i don't want to buy their cheap stuff!  lol.

Anyone else venturing out?  If so, dress warm for the line! 

• 19067 posts
    January 23, 2011 1:14 AM PST
    Sorry too far and too cold fer me...
    • 2 posts
    January 23, 2011 3:03 AM PST
    I'm going to the swap meet in Springfield (Illinois that is). It is on Feb 20, 2011 . Here's last year's flier. http://www.springfieldpccc.com/event.php?id=16
    • 202 posts
    January 23, 2011 7:32 AM PST
    Had a great time. This guy built this chopper trike, very comfortable! Sorry it is so blurry! Got some nice pictures of some great bikes!

:::glad i went:::
    • 846 posts
    January 24, 2011 3:41 AM PST
    Well glad you enjoyed yourself me and a riding buddy also when had a good time too. From the photo it looks like you hit that bike at quite time. Not as cold as this morning (-4 when I left) but it was one of the only times I wore a jacket into the show. Some nice bikes as always, the band sounded good, a few new ideas and a few new rides to add to the list and some new parts to put on. This weekend is the Boston show. Then it’s making it till March when hopefully the bike comes out of storage.
    • 202 posts
    January 26, 2011 12:31 PM PST
    It wasn't packed, but there were a bunch of people. They were very considerate for the picture!