DEEEEEEERR BANG

• December 26, 2010 10:21 PM PST
    Was on my way to work this am and outta nowhere a deer ran in front of us and i hit it. luckily it was a young doe only about 150lbs. tore my truck up a bit but still driveable and everyone is okcept for the deer. now what to do with the doe. should i go back and get it or just leave it
    • 9 posts
    December 26, 2010 10:31 PM PST
    Get it..... It's tenderized for ya now!
  • December 26, 2010 10:36 PM PST
    anyone know the laws in Missouri on this sitiation. i dont wanna get in trouble for poaching. I broke the damn things neck when we hit it
    • 1780 posts
    December 26, 2010 11:13 PM PST
    I know this is going to sound a bit without feelings but......Other animals in the forest (or where ever you hit it) need to eat as well. Probably by the time you get back to the deer she will be gone anyway.
  • December 26, 2010 11:19 PM PST
    good point dragon didnt look at it that way thanks
  • December 27, 2010 1:43 AM PST
    In most states you cant harvest transport or possess game without a tag and or license...
  • December 27, 2010 2:52 AM PST
    I think if you call the highway patrol they will make a report of the accident and with their report it is leagal for yoy to harvest the deer.
  • December 27, 2010 2:57 AM PST
    we got the deer and called the county sherrif and game warden and if i could have afforded the processing cost i could have kept it but the game warden is taking the deer to a needy family here in our area so all ends well with that end of it. As for the truck the diagnosis isnt such a gr8 turnout. front headlite assembly on the driversside is completely gone along with the parking lite assembly. the left side front fender is banged up a bit but repairable the drivers door is banged up enough that it will latch but wont seal major airflow thruough the door in the middle of winter isnt a good thing at all. the grill and lower spoiler is done. I REALLY HATE MONDAYS. this ones got me in a headlock. My boss at work told me i had better get to work when i called him when it happened. never did ask if we were alright. he called me about a half hr ago and pretty much cussed me out for not being able to get to work
  • December 27, 2010 2:59 AM PST
    Dont you just love The Man! We should all be independently wealthy!
  • December 27, 2010 3:12 AM PST
    Bulldogjim wrote...
    In most states you cant harvest transport or possess game without a tag and or license...

Thats about the size of it. As is the wild life will get her and you get the repair bill. Sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug lol!Glad you didnt get hurt.
    • 1780 posts
    December 27, 2010 3:33 AM PST
    Like my old pappy use to say.....Some days is Chicken.....and other days is feathers
    • 1516 posts
    December 27, 2010 3:36 AM PST
    Wow, what a morning you have had, glad you are ok. Hopefully the airflow problem will get fixed and you will be not worse for wear!
    I am kinda surprised about the deer, I would have thought the meat would be to blood spattered to be good. Maybe they are just salvaging the parts that were still ok.
  • December 27, 2010 4:17 AM PST
    the deer was actually in pretty good shape aside from a broken neck and leg and 2 scratches she looked pretty good. like i said if we could have afforded to get her processed we would have lept her and had her for supper tomorow lol. i still havent stopped shaking lol