Video question

• 1855 posts
    March 5, 2013 2:11 AM PST
    An opinion on the best but not necessarily the most expensive helmet/bike cam please.  We've been considering getting one.  We do take some stills but we could probably do better with a vid cam.

Thanks

Peace
  • March 5, 2013 2:48 AM PST
    Hey Jimmy. I can tell you one I am not real happy with is the GoPro. Don't get me wrong it is a great camera and takes great videos, it is just a little more than I think you need or want for a helmet or bike cam. If you mount it on your helmet you can actually feel and hear the wind because of the size and the shape. I am looking into some of the smaller video cameras now. There are a lot that are not much bigger than a cigarette lighter that still take high quality video. If I get a new one before you I'll keep you updated on what I think.
    • 9 posts
    March 5, 2013 9:15 AM PST
    You got about two more minute's to win one right here, on CycleFish...GO LOOK!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 5420 posts
    March 5, 2013 4:08 PM PST
    Jimmy, I have got to say of all the cameras I have tried I really like the Tachyon camera the best. Like popper said the GoPro is a great camera also, but just a little over sized especially if you are going to do a helmet mount. You can see my review here... http://www.cyclefish.com/ProductReviews/blog/1952/ style="color: rgb(0, 0, 128);"> . And since I wrote that review last year they have made some improvements where the camera now accepts 64gb memory cards for up to 17 hours of recording and the battery life is longer too.
    • 1855 posts
    March 6, 2013 12:08 AM PST
    Thanks

Peace