Happy "Fat" Tuesday Cyclefishies ;)

• 3006 posts
    February 12, 2013 5:52 AM PST
    Wanted to wish all my Cyclefish family a very Happy n safe Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras  !!!

We have always celebrated this day on the calendar,as my Mom would insist on it!! It didnt take much convincing for us kids of course,as the day was almost always filled with lots of goodies to snack on from sun up to sun down  of course we had King Cake,n at least a half dozen other treats including crepe,which we always had for dessert,topped with everything imaginable

stay safe n enjoy the ride
    • 16870 posts
    February 12, 2013 6:18 AM PST
    On Fat Tuesday they let us cuss as long as it wasn't too foul or using the Lord's name, during lent cussing was treated with harsh punishment.
    The cool thing about lent was on Fridays we ate fish we caught, I sure do miss Blue Pike.
    • 9 posts
    February 12, 2013 11:18 AM PST
    Love everything festival like...except Mardi Gras in person. Almost bought it one year, just tryin' to get close on the Harley. Last time I try that... And this year? They said, there were more than a MILLION in attendance.
    SCREW THAT. I like my "party's" , a lil' more intimate, thank you. Nothing over a Quarter Mill, or so...lmao

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    February 12, 2013 12:22 PM PST
    Tweek wrote...
    Love everything festival like...except Mardi Gras in person. Almost bought it one year, just tryin' to get close on the Harley. Last time I try that... And this year? They said, there were more than a MILLION in attendance.
    SCREW THAT. I like my "party's" , a lil' more intimate, thank you. Nothing over a Quarter Mill, or so...lmao

Ride Free
    Tweek

That's why when I ride to Sturgis these days I stay in Hot Springs, S. Dakota; away from the madness and yet still able to enjoy the adventure. It's also the reason I don't do Daytona anymore and stay miles away from Laconia. Ya think maybe I'm getting to be a G.O.B.B.?

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    February 12, 2013 2:16 PM PST
    We still enjoy occasional mayhem and wildness (okay, maybe a little more often than occasionally ). We normally head down to the Gas Lamp District in San Diego - kind of like a mini Bourbon Street with what is claimed to be the largest Mardi Gras Celebration in the US outside of N.O.  But with the new grand baby I spent most of the day at the hospital and just wasn't up to riding down there that late in the day - by the time we got there most of the surrounding roads would be closed and even though I love to party, I hate to walk !!!  Plus I wanted to stay close to help with anything the kids might need when they take the baby home tomorrow.

Oh well, we'll be back next year...

Happy Fat Tuesday All!!!

• 1780 posts
    February 12, 2013 11:33 PM PST
    Well happy Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras .....just be safe and watch your 6
    If your in a tight croud, put your wallet in your front pocket.
    Dragon