Where are all the BMW's?

• February 3, 2013 3:29 AM PST
     I have seen some things on the site pointing to some presence of BMW people, then again I am fairly new ot the site. So where are all the BMW Motorcycle riders on this site - introduce yourselfs
    • 2 posts
    February 3, 2013 4:18 AM PST
    Where are all the BMW's?

They don't speak to people like us.
    Truth, back-in-the-day had a rich kid buddy - About as good a buddy as ever created. - Would race his XKE against my POS Plymouth, not get upset when I made lewd remarks about his mother (she was really hot) or criticized his taste in girls (too young), even lent me his BMW, but would never ride his BMW when I was on my Honda. - Think he worried about hurting its feelings.
  • February 3, 2013 12:10 PM PST
    Sure they doJust very slowly - had to return the stabNah, Beemer people love Harley's too. I met and ride with a lot of Harley guys and girls, I ride with anyone anywhere, so no problems here. Beemer people are just as crazy (in a good way) as Harley people, little different flavor but just as nuts. Loyal to the brand and love to ride their bikes, so there have to be some on this cool site
    • 19067 posts
    February 3, 2013 11:09 PM PST
    I will say as a dedicated Harley rider that Beemers are the best engineered bike on the market. BUT I also consider style in my ride choice and in my old school brain there is none better that the King. I would LOVE to have a dual sport / enduro R1200gs though
  • February 4, 2013 10:24 AM PST
    Have you eve tried one Rex? If not you should. Yes BMW puts a lot of great engineering into their Motorcycles, Harley puts a lot of flavor into theirs. When it comes to bling and design options, Harleys got the field.
    • 1 posts
    February 5, 2013 1:30 AM PST
    I met a husband and wife beemer duo up in the mountains before Deals gap..in Robinville...nice people for beemer riders..as to the rest well down here all the cops have beemers and they don't want to talk much unless you're speeding then they wanna talking plenty.
  • February 5, 2013 2:27 AM PST
     Oh, we're here, but just like on the road we are quiet and observant.

Kosher Kitten
    F650 GS 2011
    2600 miles

• 19067 posts
    February 5, 2013 5:04 AM PST
    petrusrock wrote...
    Have you eve tried one Rex? If not you should. Yes BMW puts a lot of great engineering into their Motorcycles, Harley puts a lot of flavor into theirs. When it comes to bling and design options, Harleys got the field.

I rode one of those 3 cylinder beemers years ago, didn't like the seating position. A nice bike though.

Tha Classic (early sport glide) look of the Road King Is my visual definition of a motorcycle. As classic a look as the '57 Chevy in my view. Rex (my 04 carbd King) is perfect for me. Been on his saddle for 9 years now and see no reason to change. The bike is well enough engineered and looks damn good. Everything I need BUT ...
    on occasion I want to run off into the desert to get to some place and I won't take him there. Not even down dirt roads. Thus the dual sport idea. Saving some money for that eventual purchase.
    • 3006 posts
    February 5, 2013 7:44 AM PST
    Yeah I believe there are some here BMW riders,they infrequently pop in from time to time.Hopefully more will post. I recall my first experience with a an old BMW from the late 60's my oldr bro had,he was using it for like a rat bike,riding cross country,street etc,and it already had like 70000+ hard miles on it.It had the opposing heads that stuck out.Never rode it tho,as the seat height was too high for my short frame.
    N always be on the lookout for those sneaky Honda folks they will wave at anyone  lmao!!! there craze that way!!
    youtu.be/ysmG_NfQVb0

• February 5, 2013 8:48 AM PST
    I'm here I just don't post much. Truth be told if I had the money I would own a Road King as well as my GT1200, but without the necessary funds (and garage space) it will have to wait a while. I don't agree that we "don't speak to people like you" savage ... if anything I've always felt it's the other way around - I'm happy to ride with, wave or say hi to anyone on 2 wheels, regardless of brand.
  • February 5, 2013 12:10 PM PST
    while the post got some views, it appears that BMW people are the shy kindBut get them in groups...