Some days ya just grin

• 1 posts
    November 15, 2012 12:12 AM PST
    Yeah some days ya just grin and shake your head, today whilst coming home from yesterdays funeral I rode a stretch of freeway thats about 35 km long. On the stretch i saw 3 motorcops and 10 cruisers....talk about bloody overkill. I wonder what the other roads were like at that hour. 
    • 1516 posts
    November 15, 2012 12:36 AM PST
    Wow, that is overkill, all the other roads were probably empty of the Police
    • 2685 posts
    November 15, 2012 1:51 AM PST
    Jonesy you must be a dangerous man to attract that kind of attention.   
    • 846 posts
    November 15, 2012 4:01 AM PST
    You must be popular that is more LEO's then the whole town of were I live.
    • 1 posts
    November 15, 2012 4:52 AM PST
    Better you then me... HAHA... ; D
    • 1 posts
    November 15, 2012 10:04 AM PST
    on the day of the funeral another brother coming up from Sydney was stopped on two seaprate occasions, and given the usual where what who are you routine..yet yesterday all me and my travel bro caught were filthy looks...hard to get nailed when riding under the speed limit.
    • 19067 posts
    November 15, 2012 10:50 PM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    on the day of the funeral another brother coming up from Sydney was stopped on two seaprate occasions, and given the usual where what who are you routine..yet yesterday all me and my travel bro caught were filthy looks...hard to get nailed when riding under the speed limit.

Been my philosophy for quite a few years. It works quite well (except for NY state and helmet police!).

• 9 posts
    November 17, 2012 10:37 PM PST
    Face it folks. Some things never change. Have ya heard about the parade for a fallen brother, where all the vet's ( a bunch of 'em were riders) were on a "float", that pulled directly in the path of a speeding train??? Where were all the freakin' cops BEFORE that tradgedy took place? FOUR MORE DEAD...and just a week ago here in Jacksonville, some of the Elite (Black Riders) were having a memorial run and 16 of 'em got "taken out" on I-95! Bikes, parts, and injured, EVERYWHERE! No one was killed (that I know of), but there wasn't a large police contingency BEFORE that wreck either...WTF? Afterwards, one of the cops said, one of the bikers, "changed
    lanes illegally, and that started the whole chain reaction." One of the bikers disagreed, and said it was a
    semi, that came across two lanes, and the bikes HAD to move or be crushed! There's been more than one
    tragedy on that stretch of 95, involving semi's...who YOU gonna believe??? WTH?

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • November 19, 2012 3:14 PM PST
    I've seen them gather up looking for someone so they can go make a bust. One time I was pulled over and two police cars pulled up to me. I told my wife that we weren't speeding and probably looking for someone driving a car like ours. Anyway, they looked at my license and said, "Be careful and good day sir." All that said, I figure they had a reason.