Stupid Stuff Seen

• 5420 posts
    September 23, 2012 2:32 PM PDT
    Seems like I am always seeing people doing STUPID STUFF so now I never go anywhere without a camera. 

Hopefully you have your camera with you when you see stupid stuff so you can share your pictures!

We were on our way home from a ride today and in our comunity there is a small tunnel that runs under the railroad tracks.  The tunnel is for community traffic only but some genius try to fit a U-Haul through... and then after he started scraping he decided to punch it to see if he could get through.  Needless to say he wedged it so tight they needed a coupl of those super heavy dity tow trucks to pull it out!

• September 23, 2012 2:48 PM PDT
    hum, interesting shaped Tunnel, I don't think I've seen one like this before. Do they put the truck's clearence anywhere inside of the truck for the renters to see? "T"
    • 5420 posts
    September 23, 2012 5:50 PM PDT
    Oh yeah they do. There is a BIG yellow sticker with BOLD black lettering across the dash with the clearance. It is also written backwards on the box (blocked by the sheriff's but in the third picture) so you see it every time you look in the side mirror. This truck clearly stated Clearance 11' ... the tunnel is clearly marked Clearance 7' 7". It's a lot taller than that but because of the shape 7' 7" is the max height.
  • September 24, 2012 12:01 AM PDT
    Did they let the air out of the tires prior to towing it out? Man thats incredible..... LOL
    • 19067 posts
    September 24, 2012 12:13 AM PDT
    Effin amazing...
    • 5420 posts
    September 24, 2012 6:00 AM PDT
    KEYMASTER wrote...
    Did they let the air out of the tires prior to towing it out? Man thats incredible..... LOL

Yeah they did.  Problem was he wedged it in there so far he compressed the suspension, so when they let the air out of the tires the suspension relaxed and the truck stayed stuck.

The really funny thing was how pissed the guy was when the Sheriff's Deputies told him he would have to pay the tow truck.  Guess he thought the city would pay that cause it was their tunnel ???

• 2685 posts
    September 24, 2012 6:05 AM PDT
    A wise man once said, "Stupid is as Stupid does".
    • 9 posts
    September 24, 2012 6:54 AM PDT
    You just can't fix stupid....

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 580 posts
    September 24, 2012 9:11 AM PDT
    Well he definitely should've gone to Specsavers. LMAO (o:
    • 580 posts
    September 24, 2012 9:16 AM PDT