howdy from the Ice Bear

• September 23, 2012 12:06 PM PDT

Hi y'all biker bros n sisters, how's ya'll doin?...

I only got one 200 mile ride in this summer, but i did get hell of a lot of 50/60 mile day rides in.
    been having some lower back issues so need to pick up

Seat with back support...

Be well

Randy...Ice Bear...

• 19067 posts
    September 24, 2012 12:17 AM PDT
    Hey Randy, I too have lower back problems and my Mustang seat with back support is GREAT!
    • 5420 posts
    September 24, 2012 3:02 AM PDT
    Yep, once that lower back starts having issues riding can get uncomfortable on some days. I have bucket style seat and a back rest that seam to help. I also find putting my feetin in different positions relieves the pain a bit at times.

Plus I usually take a couple Advil on the long rides.
    • 16870 posts
    September 24, 2012 3:16 AM PDT
    I broke my back and crushed my tailbone in 1990 in a bike wreak.
    If I hadn't had a back support I'd never made it to Sturgis, and other long trips.
    • 1516 posts
    September 24, 2012 3:46 AM PDT
    This not having a bike is pretty much screwing up my riding too!!
    • 9 posts
    September 24, 2012 7:00 AM PDT
    After I crushed two of my lower vertebrae in a fork-lift accident, I found it unbearable to ride, for any length of time, without the support of my leather "kidney belt". It's like the kind, weight-lifters wear. It helped me strengthen my back muscles too, as it caused me to sit and breathe a certain way. They told me I'd be lucky to be able to walk by the age of five-oh. I'm walkin' and ridin' just fine. I'm 53, and while I still get some discomfort, if I over do it, for the most part, I'm just fine. Give one of these belts a try, R.J.

Mine, looked like the tan belt, but this one from Sears gets good recommendations, also.

ALTUS Be Fit Look Fit 6in Premium Padded Leather Lifting Belt-L

Sears Item# 00618559000 | Model# 1114004L

0 Reviews | | Write a review
    $33.95

Ride Free
    Tweek

and Deej...I know EXACTLY what you mean.  lmao
    • 611 posts
    September 24, 2012 8:39 AM PDT
    Oh Lady Tweek... it would look great in black and have restraints on it... WOOHOO! Nomnomnom... heh heh ;-)
  • September 24, 2012 8:51 AM PDT
    A good backrest for your bike should do the trick. I would also recommend some lower back strengthening (if you can) such as deadlifts or hyperextensions on a bench. You dont have to be a bodybuilder or use heavy weights. Sometimes bands are enough just to strenghten everything. Just my .02...
    Good luck feeling better!
  • September 24, 2012 9:00 AM PDT
    Also Gel seat, add gel seat pad to reduce to eliminate vibrations and small bumps and bangs.............have a great one "T"
  • September 27, 2012 1:38 AM PDT
    Thanks all for your respect n advice, since the backreast is a streach right now because of $$$ I'll try the back belt, n core streangthing
    • 58 posts
    October 13, 2012 1:03 AM PDT
    Hope it works for you, Randy.