Signs that help us or do they

• 1780 posts
    August 29, 2012 5:50 PM PDT
     These are just a few signs I've seen around the Dallas Fort Worth area. These are the exact words on the signs I noticed...

At a liquor store : Drive Through Window .....Wonder how many have
    At a stop and go store: Open 7 days a week and weekends...I don't think owners of these stores realize in this country we only have 7 days in a week
    At a funural home: personnel only allowed to put flowers on their own grave! Now what mental moron came up with that sign is beyond me!
    At a high water crossing.....you will love this one: If you cannot read this sign...then it is under water and you should not cross! OK if you cannot see the sign......how the hell do you know there is a sign there??? I guess as your car submerge's then you can see the sign, however at this point your FU$&ED
    At the top of a set of stairs in a hospital : For restroom use stairs.....at the bottom of the stairs a sign said: Caution wet floor!  Got to wonder don't ya?
    Work site...: Slow Men working...got to wonder, are these the same Slow Kids Playing all grown up? Makes ya think? 
    At a used car lot:  For the deal of your life bring your title and your Wife, ...and well dicker!  Wonder how many car's they have solded???

I'm sure others can add to this list ....let's see how many crazy signs we can find out there

Be Safe Night Dragon
  • August 30, 2012 1:51 AM PDT
    Good post, Dragon. I've seen one up here in NH that says "Caution No Warning Signs." Well, just WTH is that?

Also, the ole' lack of punctuation kills me sometimes. Like the one that reads "Slow blind child ahead." I dunno...maybe there should be a dash or something following the word slow?
    • 544 posts
    August 30, 2012 4:40 AM PDT
    Who are the geniuses that make these signs?
    • 2685 posts
    August 30, 2012 6:41 AM PDT
    For the directionally challenged.
    • 611 posts
    August 30, 2012 7:52 AM PDT

Oh those are good! Here's a couple that I have seen driving around our amazing country.

At an intersection in a small town, road construction had an intersection in a "Forward Only. No Turns" signage. However, because it was the weekend the street that ran through it was "Open for Turns". The problem was, on the left was a large trench (suitably barricaded) and on the right? A backhoe was parked across the road. Guess I'll turn at the next one.

As I went around a steep downhill State Road, there was a sign "Watch for Falling Rocks". As I was already geared down and going slow, I felt I was going slow enough. As I rounded a sharp turn, I had just enough time to grenade the brakes and dump the trailer brakes before I (gently) ran into the back of a tractor-trailer. The trailer was laying on it's side with a HUGE boulder sitting in the middle of it and the tractor was tilted at a crazy angle. I helped the ol boy out of the cab and he looked at me and said "Falling rocks? They got that part right!"

I love the "Motorcycles Use Extreme Caution" signs that are placed in front of what they call Bumps, No Shoulder and 'Rough Roads'. I'm already at "DEFCON 4" when I ride and when I see those signs, I think "Should I take a hit of speed, just to really be at "Extreme Caution" level?"

How about the 'Blind Person' crosswalk... How do they even know where the crosswalk IS, let alone know to stay in the lines?

Here are a few signs seen elsewhere, enjoy!

• 823 posts
    August 30, 2012 9:17 AM PDT

• 1 posts
    August 30, 2012 11:07 AM PDT
    First time up to Estes park, never been to any moutains before in my life.... See a sign, in case of flash flood abandon car and climb rock..... Next sign I see going up the cayon... Watch for falling rock...
    • 1780 posts
    August 30, 2012 1:52 PM PDT
    Bitchy wrote...
    First time up to Estes park, never been to any moutains before in my life.... See a sign, in case of flash flood abandon car and climb rock..... Next sign I see going up the cayon... Watch for falling rock...

Well you have a choice....get washed away... Or crushed to death in a rock slide, neither appeal to me much!
    Dragon

• 1780 posts
    August 30, 2012 1:53 PM PDT
    Vulcan wrote...
    For the directionally challenged.

I don't care who you are.....that sign is funny

• 567 posts
    August 31, 2012 12:53 AM PDT
    It ain't exactly a sign, but I wonder who thought it was cute to add the Braille dimples on the buttons at the drive up ATMs?
    • 2685 posts
    September 4, 2012 1:27 AM PDT
    SolarBill, I would consider that a sign, a sign of stupidity.
    • 1780 posts
    September 7, 2012 4:41 AM PDT
    Wonder what those dimples say? .......Put tube here
    • 5420 posts
    September 7, 2012 5:04 AM PDT
    Bitchy wrote...

That's funny!  Bet if you went further youwould have seen "Watch for Fallen Rock"

• 1 posts
    September 7, 2012 9:53 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Bitchy wrote...

That's funny!  Bet if you went further youwould have seen "Watch for Fallen Rock"

To be honest I quit reading the signs, they was scaring me... lol.

• 19067 posts
    September 8, 2012 3:25 AM PDT
    One of my favorites, but it never ends...
    • 544 posts
    September 8, 2012 4:56 AM PDT
    WHAT? weird road signs
    • 544 posts
    September 8, 2012 4:58 AM PDT
    • 2 posts
    September 8, 2012 7:06 AM PDT
     Have these all over PA + "Aggressive Driver Area". Who knew?

• 2685 posts
    September 21, 2012 7:50 AM PDT
    These signs are very helpful, they make me know I DON'T want to be here!
    • 5420 posts
    August 8, 2014 4:10 AM PDT
     Really?