New show seem kinda cool

• 16870 posts
    August 23, 2012 5:18 PM PDT
    • 2685 posts
    August 24, 2012 12:18 AM PDT
    I've seen this guy on Pawn Stars, he seems to do some really good work even on the more mundane stuff that the pawn guys bring him. And he is kinda kooky. 8^)
    • 1855 posts
    August 24, 2012 1:41 AM PDT
    With the cash he throws around he's obviously very successful or born with a silver spoon
    • 16870 posts
    August 24, 2012 3:40 AM PDT
    I found it last night by mistake while rolling smokes.
    I really dig the pool table his crew made from a junk Ranchero.
  • August 24, 2012 4:18 AM PDT
    "It's who you know"...Love this guy's show. If I could buy cars and bikes like he does I'd have a garage bigger than Jay Leno's. Another Pawn Stars spinoff? Anyone see American Restoration? These guys all seem to know each other.
    • 5420 posts
    August 24, 2012 4:46 AM PDT
    Haven't seen this show yet but I've seen him on Pawn Stars and the promos for the new show.

I'm sure he didn't have that kind of money to throw around until after he signed the TV contract!
    • 3006 posts
    August 24, 2012 4:47 AM PDT
    Just caught a episode,and thought wow,what a life.I am in the wrong line of work !!! The networks must be thinking its a gravy train,they prolly dont give them much $$$ for airing these shows,and they are pulling in a good sized number of viewers & revenue or they wouldnt be doing so many of these so called "reality" shows.
    • 5420 posts
    August 24, 2012 6:02 AM PDT
    Don't kid yourself Ron...

Sig Hansen (Capt'n Sig) salary: $1 million per season on The Deadliest Catch.

Rick Harrison's (Pawn Stars) Net Worth jumped from under $1 mil to over $5 mil since the show aired (actual salary from show undisclosed)

Hugh Rowland (Ice Road Truckers) $1 million per season with Net Worth just under $3 million

And Mike Rowe's (Dirty Jobs and voice on Deadliest Catch) Annual Salary is $10 million with a net worth of $35 million

These guys are now more TV star then Captain, Trucker or Pawn Shop owner. I have stopped by Pawn Stars shop on many occasions since the show started and NONE of the cast is working there if the cameras aren't rolling.

As for Danny (the "Count").... His net worth is $10 mil. He did have some success before the Pawn Stars and now his own gig. He was part owner local TV station and did his car thing. But the appearances on Pawn Stars and American Restoration sent his business to a whole new level building custom cars and bikes for the rich and famous.
  • August 24, 2012 9:04 AM PDT
    After all the other relality shows I'm just tired of them all to be honest!
  • August 24, 2012 11:38 AM PDT
    So maybe we will get that program over here.....in around 2 years!!!
    • 2 posts
    August 24, 2012 1:29 PM PDT
    I kind'a liked it, a little bit.
    The "restoration" phenomena escapes me. - For crying out loud, don't make it look like it never left the showroom; fix it up safe, driveable & maybe fast - THEN USE IT

Taking something as neat, dumb but neat, as a Ranchero and making it into a pool table is totally disrespectful, not to mention a miserable pool table..
    Wish they had replaced the floorboards, gone over the mechanicals once lightly or maybe replaced them with a light, fast modern 4 cyl. then gave it a good-enough paint job & sold it to somebody like me.

The show following "Great Lakes Warriors" was pretty good except they kept saying "pressure" when the meant "force". - Ended up screaming at the TV. - At last a show about my inland seas, with their romance danger & mystery and they repeatedly make a mistake that I would castigate a high-schooler for making.
    • 16870 posts
    August 24, 2012 5:19 PM PDT
    I guess It's just my love of seeing something most see as junk turned into something useful. :-)