New Shoes

• August 10, 2012 10:36 AM PDT
    Well the lady has a new pair of shoes.
    (Put a new set of Bridgestones on my wing today.)

Picked her up from the shop and made a sharp left onto the highway.
    It became very clear she was a new ride.
    The previouse set were Dunlops that seemed to do very well.

With the new ...stones she is glued to the road.
    Like dancing with a lady who just got a new pair of shoes.

Well, I hope we go dancing (riding)  tomorrow. That is the plan at least.

Everyong keep the shiney up tomorrow.
  • August 10, 2012 10:42 AM PDT

.....always keep the shiny up, not just tomorrow...lol...
    • 2 posts
    August 11, 2012 1:31 AM PDT
    The difference can be impressive.

Well worth doing the homework - W/ the Ulysses the choice is always off-road ability vs mileage (went thru one rear in 2500 miles) - Have Michelin Road Pilot 2's now - really sticky on the curves, reputed to have 5 digit mileage but rot off road
    • 3006 posts
    August 11, 2012 4:49 AM PDT
    Puttin new tires on can make a world of difference.I am lucky to git 7-8000 on my front,while my rear usually is good for abt 13-15000 miles.I ride on Dunlops & my brief expereince with the Metzlers wasnt an improvment in mileage or handling.

A lot of guys w/VTX's have gone over to the darkside LOL & are using car tires on the rear to avoid having to replace them every 15000.One rider already has ovr 30000 miles on his rear tire,and says the only drawback is slow speed manuevers.I personally wont ever do it,the thought of doing a slow speed turn is tuff enuff w/out adding more difficulty.
  • August 12, 2012 4:41 PM PDT
    I'm amazed that bike tires cost more than my Tundra's 4x4 shoes.
  • August 13, 2012 10:45 AM PDT
    LCStrat wrote...
    I'm amazed that bike tires cost more than my Tundra's 4x4 shoes.

Order them Online thru Dennis Kirk or one of the others, never buy at a dealer!! their a total rip-off
    • 834 posts
    August 27, 2012 6:12 AM PDT
    Love the feeling of new tires - after they wear in just a bit. Not only do they ride better, but you feel better knowing you have full thread when you hit rain.