Ever had a day where you want to chunk everything ????

• August 10, 2012 4:33 AM PDT
    I really need some wisdom & some serenity, 'cause right now I'm thinking the last 24 years have been a huge lie.I've stood my ground when others would have high tailed it out the door,but my give a damn is busted as the song says.How do you untangle 24 years without just pulling a pin on a hand granade and throwing it right in the middle ?????? Don't think this is just a case of PMS, 'cause those days are long gone.I know I should have just stayed on the bike and not came home,but the Friday mid day crazies are out in full force.
    • 3006 posts
    August 10, 2012 5:06 AM PDT
    Cant fix broken unless ya have the right tools & materials no matter if its a motorcycle, a person, or a lifetime of bad choices. Sometimes we gotta dig into our own souls to find the rite solution for a lot of lifes WTF's???
    Hang in there,there is always tomorrow ! which could make all this worth the agony of being..
  • August 10, 2012 5:36 AM PDT
    I know I have the right tools,but then again why should I throw my pearls to swine unless they want help ????? Maybe I see that I have been doing this very thing,and feel like I don't have anything left to give..........
    • 846 posts
    August 10, 2012 6:53 AM PDT
    We all (or at least me) have had those days. I've believe in doing what's right and speaking up when something is wrong most of my adult life. Well its worked against me more times then I like to count lost jobs and acquaintances (notice I didn't say friends). But at the end of the day i can say that I would have a drink with myself.

So as long as you can sit down or look at your self in the mirror with no regrets. Then it will pass there will be another day. So tough if out today take a moment to go for a ride or have a drink (not together) or what ever relax's you.

PS mine was yesterday
    • 544 posts
    August 10, 2012 7:01 AM PDT
    Yeah...hang in there. Others like myself have been through it and managed to have a life when before it didn't seem possible.
  • August 10, 2012 7:11 AM PDT
    Go see your ink slinger,get that tattoo,i'tll take you to a happy place
  • August 10, 2012 8:48 AM PDT
    OMG!!! When someone told me that I should get back in the real world I nearly FELL OFF MY UNICORN!!!!!
  • August 10, 2012 9:04 AM PDT
    Watch out for the horn
    • 9 posts
    August 10, 2012 11:31 AM PDT

Dang Cj, I thought it was rough after only three and half years.  I can't even imagine goin' in for the long haul, and having it come out that-a-way.  But right off the bat, you mentioned the one thing, that we both did wrong from jump. 
    Tryin' to "fix".  It don't work.  Try as we might, well intended as WE may be, as happy as we are to do so...

And for me, the realization, that there's some, that just don't wanna be fixed, well, that was a hard rock to swallow.  I like this quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
       - Albert Einstein

Goes to show, you can't fix stupid...

But, you and I?  We're the kind of people, who hold out hope...for everyone. 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• August 10, 2012 11:57 AM PDT
    Thanks crew, I really needed a boost without an explosion from within.Guess I do hold out hope and give them more than enough rope to hang themselves so I don't get my hands dirty....I just didn't need this right now, less than a month after burying mom.....They are so clueless that I know anything......Give me some credit.
    • 2 posts
    August 11, 2012 1:17 AM PDT
    Ever had a day where you want to chunk everything ????

ANSWER: Yes

Quite a few of them actually.
    Fingers not up to typing all the details but looking back we do get a good laugh out of them and the neighbors remember ALL the details.
    For the time being:
    * Do your homework but nothing more (i.e organize finances, update resume)
    * Get some space; go hunting, go fishing, go camping, visit a t***t'y bar, take a long, kneesliding ride to someplace you have never been before

p.s.: For what it is worth some nites I miss the fire
  • August 14, 2012 4:41 PM PDT
    I wish I had a "can't miss" answer. Only you can do what's right for you. However, if it's a marriage issue you can try Christian marriage counseling (a real certified, PHD, who knows how to help you see things clearly for yourself), take a get away if possible to think things through (That works for us guys a lot), and you can figure out the other options. Praying for God's wisdom and best for ya.
    • 1780 posts
    August 15, 2012 3:48 AM PDT
    Hang in there.....Life get's better, then it goes to shit....then it get's better...then it goes to shit...then it get's better....etc. Life is ever changing, and never stays the same weather shitty or better, you can count on it changing.
    Dragon
    • 1855 posts
    August 15, 2012 12:03 PM PDT
    "Ever had a day where you want to chunk everything ????"

No. Never. But I have asked God why he's taking so long to call me home. There hasn't been an answer as of yet but I just figure I'm still here for a reason and I've never NOT been thankful every morning my feet hit the floor. From moving around as a child, a tour in Vietnam, to losing friends, losing my wife and feeling alone I could've/maybe felt that way.
    But I have blown chunk a couple of time. Oooooooops. Sorry.

Peace

• 0 posts
    August 16, 2012 12:55 PM PDT
    Yup, just like Nightdragon said, life's a freakin roller coaster, full of ups and downs. Sometimes it's hard to see the whole picture when you're in it. Sometimes a little advice from a neutral , outsider helps. Get through today and worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Just follow your instincts. I hope it all turns out okay for ya & will say a prayer.