memorial wall

• July 13, 2012 6:53 AM PDT
     I am creating a motorcycle memorial wall in Springfield MA.  It will be done using tile and mirror mosaics.  The wall is begun, I will be installing the third bike mosaic (1946 Indian Chief) next weekend..  There is more info about it on my website at http://rmarkey.blue-fox.com/wall.html and I am trying to raise funds to complete it through kickstarter at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761719284/motorcycle-wall-of-celebration-and-remembrance

Let me know what you think.

• 846 posts
    July 13, 2012 8:21 AM PDT
    Cool, Stopped by and made a donation. Since I'm in Lowell area of Mass. I'll have to drift down and see it in person some time.
  • July 13, 2012 1:45 PM PDT
    Thanks!
  • July 14, 2012 9:47 AM PDT
    I have friends in Springfield, as soon as I land in Logan, Boston I run to Chicopee, MA to the steakhouse there for a meet with friends and a good steak before drifting off the following morning in whichever direction I am headed in...

I shall have to get friends to drop by and say Hi...
    • 3006 posts
    July 16, 2012 9:49 AM PDT
    Great post & project. We need more of these sorts of tributes to those who rode down that road before us.
    Keep up the good work !!!
    • 9 posts
    July 16, 2012 2:20 PM PDT
    What an awesome tribute! May I ask, are the names only for those who perished while riding, or is it also for those who perished, but loved to ride? (Will be remembered, as bikers). Just wonderin'. Either way, it's an outstanding idea, and I'm sure, the families of the "lost", will be so grateful. I know I would be. And I don't know, whose names are being included, or how that works. But it's an awesome thing your doing.

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • July 17, 2012 12:47 PM PDT
    I am intending it to be for those who loved to ride whether they perished on or off their bikes. Once I get it going there will be a website and people can just send me names with a small donation and I will put the names up. I am just trying to make it work as best I can.
  • July 17, 2012 12:49 PM PDT
    If it is a nice day, the Indian mosaic (1946 Indian Chief) goes up on Sunday. If anyone is in Springfield, swing by and check it out and say hi.
  • August 1, 2012 7:13 AM PDT
     Indian Chief is up! 
    • 9 posts
    August 2, 2012 12:00 AM PDT
    Nice...