Pics from WW2

• 601 posts
    July 7, 2012 8:45 AM PDT
    • 658 posts
    July 7, 2012 10:06 AM PDT
    Thanks Neil, Great pics from a great era. We worked together not against each other.
    • 2 posts
    July 7, 2012 11:50 AM PDT
    Amazing::
    * People working without eve-protection
    &
    * Dozens of people and not one lard bucket (visited Wally-World lately?0

My old-man was to old for WWII but was intensely involved w/ GM war effort. - Liked his stories concerning women putting the tanks thru their paces @ the GM proving grounds, old German tool makers called back from retirement & put into top secret work without a thought + more

Wish he had told me more of those stories & fewer ones praising the New Deal
    • 19067 posts
    July 7, 2012 1:52 PM PDT
    Slow connection now but bookmarked for later. Looks interesting.
    • 5420 posts
    July 7, 2012 2:44 PM PDT
    Very cool and a big coincidence because today my son had a HS basketball game in Palm Springs.  I took him out there on the bike and on the way out of Palm Springs we decided to stop at the WWII Air Museum,  I have been by it 50 times and never stopped, but today we did...
  • July 7, 2012 3:17 PM PDT
    I'd love to visit that museum! During the war, my dad was stationed at North Island...he repaired many of the F4U Corsairs (Inverted Gull Wing) and B17's....interesting statement he made to me yrs ago while working out there... was they'd repair many those planes, then load them onto a carrier and dump them into the Pacific.... 'to keep the economy going'....
    • 9 posts
    July 11, 2012 12:05 AM PDT
    My dad served in WWII. And I was always fascinated by all the old WWII movies and shows. I got him the two volume set of the Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw. If you really want to read something, that you will never forget, and learn things about the men and women, who sacrificed life, as they knew it...READ THESE BOOKS!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Greatest-Generation-Tom-Brokaw/dp/0375502025 />
    Ride Free
    Tweek

Sorry bout the C&P on the link.  I haven't quite mastered puttin' those up.  Jet?