Favorite Philosophies....

• 9 posts
    July 3, 2012 5:02 PM PDT

Just for chits and giggles...

WHO is your favorite Philosopher, Or Author of a favorite quote, and what quote do you live by, or otherwise cotton to...?

I'll start...

"I'm not angry that you lied to me.  I'm just upset, that I can NEVER believe you, again" 

Can you even fathom, who that is??? 

SURPRISE...
    www.brainyquote.com%2Fquotes%2Fauthors%2Ff%2Ffriedrich_nietzsche.html&ei=T83zT6U1kqrwBOCklesG&usg=AFQjCNH6278KGj1uEQ9hm-ZGZ1csdBT9qw&sig2=R6KIw3_DC-vyOak5JpeLEw" class="l">Friedrich Nietzsche 

(This one's just the "flavor" of the moment...lol)

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 0 posts
    July 3, 2012 5:08 PM PDT
    Willie-If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his arse so much
  • July 3, 2012 5:34 PM PDT
    He's not a philosopher, but a guy named Robert Dale penned a quote that has impacted me for life. "Aim for the sky! You may not hit it, but at least you'll fly higher than you ever have before."
    • 2 posts
    July 4, 2012 12:51 AM PDT
     Not really a "philosopher" but C.S. Lewis was a brilliant essayist on the ethics and morality and continues to have a profound effect on me

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise.
    We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.
    We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

― C.S. LewisThe Abolition of Man 
    • 9 posts
    July 4, 2012 1:05 AM PDT

Then there's this one, which I saw yesterday...awesome. (also, NOT a philosopher)

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." 
    Ronald Reagan

OOH RAH!!!

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 1855 posts
    July 4, 2012 5:19 AM PDT
    I can't tell you if genius is hereditary, because heaven has granted me no offspring

James Whister, Artist

Of course I'm not so intellectually inclined to believe that of myself ya know.   Besides, my boys may just be living proof that genius doesn't run in my family.

My all time favorite quote I heard from a friend and I don't know the source.     "You don't have anything to say I want to hear and I don't have anything to say you can understand."

Also, "Shut the front door".  Translates to ........LOL

Peace

• 601 posts
    July 4, 2012 6:35 AM PDT
    Its better to be crazy and know it...................than be sane and have doubts!
    • 9 posts
    July 4, 2012 2:43 PM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    Its better to be crazy and know it...................than be sane and have doubts!

THAT'S IT!!!        My new "philosophy"...Awesome!  Tank u berry mush, Rory!

Ride Free
    Tweek